Author Topic: [WebAccess A] Unable to find NAS server  (Read 11269 times)

gateo

• Calf
[WebAccess A] Unable to find NAS server
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »

I am using WebAccess A on my HTC Incredbile running Android 2.2. After entering the details of my LinkStation LS-XH1.0TL (Firmware 1.37), I keep getting an error saying "Unable to find NAS sever.". However, if I use my phone browser and and navigate to http://buffalonas.com/<mynasname>, I am able to acess it. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: [WebAccess A] Unable to find NAS server
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »

Can you PM me your buffalonas.com name? I'll go ahead and give it a try and see what happens with the app on one of our devices. 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »

When you are accessing it from a Pc were you accessing it locally or remotely? I tried to use a PC first with the name you gave me and it didnt work. You may want to try disabling https/ssl encryption and disabling the upnp and specifying port 9000 internally and externaly. You can then forward port 9000 to the ip address of your linkstation through your router. 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »

I was able to access it via a PC once I turns off the SSL encrytption. I would try my previous instrutions and try it with your phone again. The android app may not be able to handle the SSL encryption. And putting the unit to a static ip address and manually adding in the port forwarding is always the best practice if you are having issues connecting. 

gateo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »

I don't understand how you are able to access with SSL turned off. If I do a http access I am seeing the following error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

Can you try access it using an Android phone and debug what is going?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »

I did try it with an android phone and i could not connect. I tried with an iphone and a computer and I could connect. I still recommend that you follow my previous instructions. SSL encryption is still enabled. When you disable the SSL incryption you will not get the error about using https. 

gateo

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »

Turning off SSL allowed me to connect from the WebAccess A app on my Android phone. But that is really not acceptable. I do not want to leave my NAS on with SSL turned off. Where can I go to open a bug against WebAccess A app?

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »

I doubt that its a bug. It is probably something to do with your phone. I can go ahead and set this up for you and test it out to see if it is an actual bug or not. I will post back with the results. 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 06:47:34 PM »

I tested it out and it is a bug. I'll go ahead and forward it up to corporate. Thanks.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

I have forwarded and I was told that it is a known issue and they are currently working on an update.

gateo

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »

Thank you. 

epalite

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

Hi,

Is this issue also happen on Linkstation Duo.

I can't make use of BuffaloNAS.com/myNAS services, either on PC or Android phone. I notice the IP resolved does not the current dynamic IP.

Please help!!!

epalite

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

Is there any update on this BUG?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »

Epalite, I doubt you are suffering from the bug. If you just disable the HTTPS SSL encryption it should work. Your stating that it doesnt work on any device, so it has nothing to do with the bug on this android app. It is most likely a setting on your linkstation or port forwarding in your router. 

epalite

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »

Yup, I did disabled the HTTPS/SSL option it doesn't register via uPnP (Ok fair enough, my router problem perhaps) and seems Ok with with manual registration (it doesn't return error) by port forwarding 9000.

I am using port  forward 9000, and not port trigger 9000. Correct?

However, when I did a http://buffalonas.com/mynas from my local PC, I noted it is searching for an IP which is NOT my IP.

I tried it from PC from WAN side, it is the same incorrect IP.

I tried it from my Android over 3G, the cursor spins and returns COMM ERROR.

I am on Starhub cable.