Author Topic: Xbox 360 and LinkStation Pro Duo Media Server Problems  (Read 1691 times)

tnbtaylor

• Tatanka
Xbox 360 and LinkStation Pro Duo Media Server Problems
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Hi all,

I have a new Xbox 360.  I used to be able to play all my NAS media with my older Xbox 360 and the Linkstation had no problem "seeing" the older Xbox 360 as a DLNA client.  Music, video, and photos would stream over the Xbox from the NAS.

Not so lucky with the new Xbox 360 or with my Samsung Blue Ray player.  Neither of these devices show up as DLNA clients in the Linkstation Media Server configuration page.   I don't know why this is?  I used to see my Xbox MAC address and IP address on the configuration page and the Xbox was "checkmarked" as an approved shared device in Linkstation. 

I searched this forum, but no answers found.  I'm not sure if this is a Xbox 360 issue or if this is Linkstation issue.  Its weird that the new Blue Ray player also is not seen by the linkstation.   I'm not sure what to do. 

Wonder if anyone else has this issue or if anyone has a solution out there.  I would really appreciate it if you could post a solution!!

Thanks...tnbtaylor

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Xbox 360 and LinkStation Pro Duo Media Server Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:33:44 AM »

You might have to disable and re enabled the media server on the linkstation. Can your new xbox 360 see any pc's on the network or does it see nothing? 

tnbtaylor

• Tatanka
Re: Xbox 360 and LinkStation Pro Duo Media Server Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »

Thanks!  Actually shortly after this post, for unknown reasons, both the Xbox and the Samsung Blue Ray connected to the NAS and now I'm able to play all media (music, video, and photos) from the NAS to the Xbox and the Samsung Blue Ray.  Not sure how or why, but now this works properly.

Anyway, thanks for the help...tnbtaylor