Author Topic: Windows 7 does not recognize linkstation in AUTO mode  (Read 1199 times)

toekneep

• Calf
Windows 7 does not recognize linkstation in AUTO mode
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »

This is a two-parter.

I have a Buffalo LS-W1.0TGL/R1 LinkStation Pro Duo and I have just installed windows 7 (64 bit) on my desktop (hardwired) and laptop (wireless) computers.

The desktop will not recognize the LinkStation when it is set in "Auto" mode.  (Actually, it recognizes it for a few days after I've set the drive to "Auto," but after a few days it doesn't see it at all.  I've mapped the LinkStation as a network drive and it doesn't show up as that or if  try to log in through a browser.

The Laptop does not recognize the LinkStation on bootup, but It will see it if I try to access it manually - i.e. if I click on the network drive or if I access it through the browser.  This problem was also the case when the laptop was running Windows XP.

Any Ideas?

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
Re: Windows 7 does not recognize linkstation in AUTO mode
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:25:12 PM »

With the unit in Auto mode, it listens for the Nas Navigator software to be active on a PC on the network, and will enter sleep mode if it does not find the software.  In order for this mode to function properly, the Nas Navigator software needs to be installed on every PC on your network.

If you do not wish to install the Nas Navigator software on your PCs, please flip the power switch on the back of your Linkstation to the ON position.  This will leave the drive on, until you manually turn it off.

This should resolve your PCs network discovery issues.