Author Topic: This TeraStation is either already mapped or there is no share folder.  (Read 2456 times)

TexasToast

• Calf

I have been unable to connect to my LS-GL network station and there is no error shown on the front of the station. Don't know what is the problem. Checked firewall and router config etc. Any ideas?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: This TeraStation is either already mapped or there is no share folder.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 03:59:27 AM »

Is this a terastation or an LS-GL (do you have the full model number)?  Does the unit show up in the NASNAVI?

racock

• Calf

I have the exact same error message on my Terastation (LS-GL1B3) when trying to map a drive using the NAS Client Utility. I can use the Configuration option to connect to the web-based admin, and can see the share called 'share'. I've also tried deleting and re-creating the share, formating the drive, and resetting the device to factory defaults, none of which allow me to connect to the share.

I can see the device through a Windows Network browse, but can't expand the object to see any shares, and I can't open either \\<ipaddress of buffalo>\ or \\<ipaddress of buffalo\share\

Any ideas greatly received

Thanks.

Soz. Just to let you know, this is still very much an issue, and I can't use the device at all at present, because I can't copy anything to it (due to not having a share to copy to), so any help still very much appreciated.

Thanks.

racock

• Calf

Forgot to put the firmware version: it's 1.15 (i.e. latest).

I've just tried two more things, since I seem to recall an issue with shares from when I first set it up, which is that if you wanted to turn off the recycle-bin, you had to create a new share, then delete the 'default share', you could then (if you want) rename it to 'share'.

I've just done that, but it made no difference to the ability to map a drive, or browse to it through explorer. Just in case, I then created an extra share with a different name, but I still get the same message, and can't browse to that either (after applying the changes, logging out, and back in again to make sure that it's kept the changes).

Muchly.

racock

• Calf

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can have a look at this. I've still got this issue, and can't access anything on the device. I've tried following the instructions to reset to factory defaults, which still seems to leave everything exactly as it was, and I've formatted and then verified 'Disk1' and then re-created the share on it.

I still can't connect to the share.

Getting slightly concerned, as I want to use the device as a backup of my data while we emigrate to New Zealand. Am I better ripping the drive out of the device and using the Linkstation case as a bit of packaging?

Jotin

• Big Bull

What version of Windows are you using? You can obviously communicate with the NAS. Depending on which version of Windows you are running you may need to change some settings with the OS. Like if you are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional then you will need to change the NTLM settings on this PC. That process is listed in the general FAQ. 

racock

• Calf

Hello Jotin,

It's Win XP, but I've finally got it. I read through a few hundred other posts, and the only ones that looked similar, told people to re-install the Firmware.

I tried doing that using the updater, but because my Linkstation is already on 1.15, it didn't work (scans for linkstations to update but can't find any)

So, I had a play, and modified the .ini file in the directory, and upped the version numbers and dates by 1, and then re-ran the updater, and it then updated (re-applied) the firmware. It told me that it had failed at the end, because the version didn't match, but it had worked, as I can now connec to the shares.

Thanks for coming back to me though, as I was at the point of just ripping the drive out and writing direct through another Caddy!

Please could you mark this thread as resolved.

Regards.

Rich.