Author Topic: LinkStation™ Quad - LS-QL/R5 and Iphone 4g  (Read 1387 times)

khamz

• Calf
LinkStation™ Quad - LS-QL/R5 and Iphone 4g
« on: February 24, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »

Hello, 

I decided to make a post on the forums because I have been having problems since purchasing the linkstation quad. Today I called support about the problem of accessing files from the iphone.

I can access info from the computers around using buffalonas.com and entering the user/pw. But when I do it with the iphone, it tells me (User is not allowed access to this share) The folders are open with no permissionss because so far it locks me out if i set user/groups but thats another problem. I called tech support and they said its not a a buffalo problem but I need to contact apple.

I read up on the previous posts on the same problem and I dont see a reason why I have to call apple for this to work. I heard something about a older firmware version working? I upgraded to firmware 1.10 for the iphone fix (previously did not work with win7) I updated to.  I tested access to the iphone using annoymous and it works but I dont think that is safe right? What are my options? I wanted to get access from my iphone for confidential patient information such as charts and pictures.. Otherwise probably going to scrap this linkstation and use another NAS thats easier to implement the so called Iphone accessiblity. But so far this has been a headache. Any real help is appreciated

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation™ Quad - LS-QL/R5 and Iphone 4g
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

Are you trying to use safari or the webaccessi app? The webaccessi will not work for you but safari will. I have an iphone 4. I can test it out for you... 

khamz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »

I used safari on the phone I havent tried the app for it yet. Sure let me know on what you test out. Im pretty stumped on what i should try next.  It works on open which im sure it is not safe but when i set for user/pw it pops that user access thing. 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »

The webaccessi app will not work for you as your unit is not running webaccess 3.0.  I need to know your webaccess name so I can test out the issue for you. 

khamz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »

i will send you the a message of the linkstation name thx

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »

I cant even access that via buffalonas.com on my pc. I used the name and it went to your "yourip:9000". Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.