Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)  (Read 78133 times)

mlst

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »

Dear Buffalo Team,

OS X 10 has been released yesterday and a fix asap would be much appreciated as there is no way to make any backup on the time machine.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

mat_ritchie

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 04:22:26 PM »

I hava a LS-WXL5E2 Linkstation. Upgraded to Lion today on my MacBook Pro and then read on the web that kills timemachine support.

The device does show itself in the "Shared" section on the left in the finder. Tried connecting to my device and all it does is show the files that a "Guest" can see. When I click connect as and attempt to connect at admin as I normally no I get this message

"There was a problem connection to the server "LS-WXL5E2  --- The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

This is NOT cool!! I need this to work. I understand that the timemachine support might be messed up. But are other people experiencing the fact they can't even connect to their NAS as a user other than guest?

Many thanks for any ideas/help

Lets all hope this gets fixed soon.

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »

Mat,

Read through the thread, there are some work arounds.

Such as this one:

http://www.alexanderwilde.com/2011/04/os-x-lion-connection-error-with-afp-and-workaround/?

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

mat_ritchie

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply Jay. I will try the work around now and report back.

Cheers

BSwa

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »

Jay:

Do you have any updates on the time frame to resolution?  I'm holding off on the Lion upgrade until this is resolved.  Unfortunately for me, I've already paid and downloaded the upgrade file.  It's just sitting there...tempting me. 

Thanks for any update you can provide.

-Ben

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »

Ben,

I am waiting for engineering to get back to me with thier ETA.  As soon as I know, I will let you guys know.

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

fabyon

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »

Give your engineers a couple of boxes of Krispy Kreme to get them going ! LOL That should do the trick ;)

mat_ritchie

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »
I can confirm following these instructions work. I can now log in as admin on my NAS and access the files I couldn't before.
Just a small point. When it says
"2)  From Finder, select an AFP server, or use “Connect To…”.  This will cause the AFP Client to create the full preferences file?"
All I did was open the finder and attempt to acces the NAS by clicking "connect as" and type in the admin user and password. Not the "Connect To.." that it says in the instructions. A small point but I was looking for "connect to" somewere.
Lets hope for a Timemachine fix soon as well then.
Matt

PRPechek wrote:

Mat,

Read through the thread, there are some work arounds.

Such as this one:

http://www.alexanderwilde.com/2011/04/os-x-lion-connection-error-with-afp-and-workaround/?

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

badger906

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »

this is how i did it.

1)  Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and do:
sudo chmod o+w /Library/Preferences
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
Now restart your computer.
2)  From Finder, select an AFP server, or use “Connect To…”.  This will cause the AFP Client to create the full preferences file
3)  Launch Terminal again and do:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array “Cleartxt Passwrd” “MS2.0? “2-Way Randnum exchange”
sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences

Note:  To add a “DHCAST128? to the disable list, use
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array-add “DHCAST128?

?

hope this helps

sbayle

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »

I can't get my TeraStation HD-H1.0TGL/R5, which is a very old 1 TB TeraStation, to connect with Lion. I get the same error message mentioned on this thread. No problem with my two newer LinkStations.

Can this same solution work for my TeraStation? If so, I have no idea how to use Terminal.

Do I just copy the entire string in each step and paste it in and hit return or does each of the sudo commands in step three have to be entered separately or ?

badger906 wrote:

this is how i did it.

1)  Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and do:
sudo chmod o+w /Library/Preferences
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
2)  From Finder, select an AFP server, or use “Connect To…”.  This will cause the AFP Client to create the full preferences file
3)  Launch Terminal again and do:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array “Cleartxt Passwrd” “MS2.0? “2-Way Randnum exchange”
sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences

Note:  To add a “DHCAST128? to the disable list, use
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array-add “DHCAST128?

?

hope this helps

Thanks.

mashaffe

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »

Same here.  I have the TeraStation HD-H1.0TGL/R5? and can't get the command workaround to work.

Please help!  I can't get to my files.  I really don't want to have to move back to Snow Leopard to recover my files.

kurzweil4

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2011, 12:26:26 AM »

Same here. I cannot use Time Machine with my LS-CHL. Lion has been available for testing for months. How is it that development did not test this and have a fix ready? This is unacceptable.

Erikk

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2011, 01:19:29 AM »

Hi all,

I absolutly agree with ronstephens !!! It's especially unacceptable in backup-business!!!

My problem: I upgraded to Lion, tried to backup the new system ... didn't work ... okay, wouldn't be happening anything untill the have fixed it, I thougt ... but then: the system crashed. I don't know why, but after I installed some other programs updates, the sytem didn't start over! Nothing helped, recovery and all the "normal" stuff you usually do ... nothing! Now I have to take a backup from my LS-CHL, that is a week old. The good nows is, that it's not older!

Okay, I'll get my Mac fixed, but it's a bad situation: Having a backup device which dosn't work and THAN having a blackout ...

Cheers to everyone!

Erikk?

bazzardl

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2011, 03:18:13 AM »

Hi - Buffalo,

Are you intending to release a fix or new firmware for the linkstation mini aswell?

model - LS-WS1.0TGL/R1

silentk

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »

Just adding my voice to the displeasure as well, how on earth can you not be aware that these devices wouldn't work with Lion? 

I've got a  LinkStation Duo 2 TB? which I can connect to, but can't use TimeMachine to backup to. Which is making me very nervous as I do all my development work and accounts on this machine so now have to rely on manually backing up.