Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)  (Read 78116 times)

Hitcher

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2011, 02:07:15 AM »

Two days ago, i bought a Link Station for only one reason: Backup my Mac wich Time Machine, because of the Upgrade to Lion.

Yesterday I' ve upgade to Lion and the new Link Station has this epic fail with the new Protocol?.

In the Store I've searched for a Produkt wich support Time Machine, and Link Station says: Look at me I'am compatible with Mac and Time Machine is no Problem.

Do you think your Products are compatible with Mac because of your knowlege, or do you say this because it is so trendy to have the Words Apple and Mac on the Box?

Buffalo fix up your **bleep**!

And no, I don't want a workaround, I want a fixed Firmware. We've paid for Time Machine Support, so give give us Time Machine Support.

Hitcher

• Calf
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2011, 02:24:58 AM »

From The German Support Site:

The Relese Date of the Developer Preview was the WWDC 2011? June, 6, 2011. I think this is time enough to fix some thing so important. Come on...

List of Products Availability for Mac OS X v10.7 Lion

The evaluation was conducted by using "Mac OS X v10.7 Developer Preview 4."

Network

Wireless Network

Category    Product Code    Availability    Note / Restriction
Broadband Router & Access Point    WBMR-HP-G300H    Available    Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WBMR-HP-GNV2    Available    Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WCR-GN    -     
Broadband Router & Access Point    WHR-HP-G300N    Available    Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WHR-HP-GN    Available    Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WHR-G300NV2    Available    Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WZR-HP-AG300H    Available    Print server feature is not supported yet.
Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WZR-HP-G300NH2    Available    Print server feature is not supported yet.
Please configure your Mac manually to connect with AP. For details, please refer to the PDF guide.

Broadband Router & Access Point    WZR-HP-G450H    Available    Print server feature is not supported yet.

Access Point    WLAE-AG300N    Available     
Client Adapter    WLI-TX4-AG300N    Available     
Bundled Software    AOSS Assistant    Will be supported     
Bundled Software    WLAN Monitor    Will be supported     
Bundled Software    AirStation Configuration Tool    Available     
Bundled Software    Network-USB Navigator    Will be supported     
Storage

NetworkHDD

Category    Product Code    Availability    Note / Restriction
LinkStation    LS-XL Series    Available *1    Time Machine backup is not possible.
*1: Firmware update for improvement is planned.

LinkStation    LS-QVL/R5 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.
Time Machine backup is not possible.

LinkStation    LS-WVL/R1 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

LinkStation    LS-WXL/R1 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

LinkStation    LS-WSXL/R1 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

LinkStation Pro    LS-VL Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

LinkStation    LS-XHL Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

LinkStation    LS-CHL v2 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-8VHL/R6 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-6VHL/R6 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-QVHL/R6 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-RVHL/R6 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-WVHL/R1 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-XL/R5 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-XEL/R5 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-RXL/R5 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation Pro    TS-WXL/R1 Series    Available *1    The access to an access limit folder by the AFP is not possible.

TeraStation WSS    WS-6VL/R5 Series    Unconfirmed     
TeraStation WSS    WS-QVL/R5 Series    Unconfirmed     
TeraStation WSS    WS-RVL/R5 Series    Unconfirmed     
TeraStation WSS    WS-WVL/R1 Series    Unconfirmed     
TeraStation WSS    WS-QL/R5 Series    Unconfirmed     
2011, © Buffalo Inc. All Rights Reserved?

gadgetguy

• Calf
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2011, 03:05:43 AM »

I am another dissatisfied customer. Buffalo, please get your act together and fix this asap.

mbodon

• Calf
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »

I just want to use my Buffalo NAS with Timemachine again ... please make the  update of the firmware soon 

sbayle

• Calf
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »

I tried following these directions from the Apple Support Forum and now I can't access my other two LinkStation drives!!

Can anyone help me undo this so I can get access back to the two drives that were working on Lion? Thanks.

Options

07-21-2011 05:41 PM
this is how i did it.

1)  Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and do:?sudo chmod o+w /Library/Preferences?defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
?Now restart your computer.
?2)  From Finder, select an AFP server, or use “Connect To…”.  This will cause the AFP Client to create the full preferences file
?3)  Launch Terminal again and do:?sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array “Cleartxt Passwrd” “MS2.0? “2-Way Randnum exchange” sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences
?Now restart your computer.
Note:  To add a “DHCAST128? to the disable list, use?sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array-add “DHCAST128??

jprez1980

• Calf
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2011, 09:32:35 AM »

I think I'm getting "buffaloed" on these forums - after spending nearly an hour with support and getting bounced to level 2 I was informed that there was no known beta or at least no beta anywhere close to being released per their support system.  

The solution offered:  Contact apple support and demand a hotfix for their OS X Lion operating system.

If anyone is on here from buffalo and wants to speak directly with me on this matter I would love to do so - it should go without saying that consumers have choices and where Buffalo seemingly dropped the ball, other vendors will certainly learn and not make the same mistake.  Its rather unfortunate, Buffalo was not nearly as plugged into the OS X Lion beta as they should have been, perhaps Windows Customers are their bread and butter.  Actions speak louder than words.

Regardless, I'm giving it a week and then taking my 3 linkstations that are in use in a small business environment back to place of purchase, I know the owner of the store and I'm sure he can pass the costs back to Buffalo as they are technically outside of the return period.

imagereflex

• Calf
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »

Try the solution here:

http://www.alexanderwilde.com/2011/04/os-x-lion-connection-error-with-afp-and-workaround/?

It works.  The only thing it leaves out is that you may need to change the settings on the [USER]/Library/Preferences file as well as /Library/Preferences.  I tried it last night and it allowed my system to connect and use the LinkStation as if nothing had changed.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »

All the NAS mfrs (except Apple) have the same issue with Lion, from what I've seen on Apple forums. We are working on updates for most of the NAS to make them compatible with Lion and Time Machine. Expect updates to come out in Aug or Sept.

The FW updates from Buffalotech Japan engineers will be staggered - they won't come out all in the same week.

drmoss_ca

• Calf
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »

I don't know why I should be lucky, but I have two LinkStation LS-CH2.0TL-V2 on my network, both with AFP enabled prior to the Lion upgrade. Both are visible, mountable and useable from Lion Macs on my network. Perhaps they use a newer encryption than DHCAST128?

Chris

macplanet

• Calf
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »

drmoss_ca wrote:

I don't know why I should be lucky, but I have two LinkStation LS-CH2.0TL-V2 on my network, both with AFP enabled prior to the Lion upgrade.

I can confirm that my shares on my LinkStation Duo (LS-WX1.0TL/R1, upgraded with two 2 TB drives and with the latest firmware) seems to work fine with Lion without applying any workaround.

TimeMachine fails however: The share appears in the TimeMachine preferences, but when I select it  I get an error message "There was a problem connecting to the server "xxx". The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

So, a fix from Buffalo is needed really urgently.

Regards,

Matthias

Hitcher

• Calf
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »
Great, my Link Staion is two days old and i can't use it until Sebtember.

kurzweil4

• Calf
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2011, 04:24:43 PM »

I'm with jprez1980. If they don't have a solution in a week, I am returning my device and buying another brand.

kurzweil4

• Calf
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »

drmemory?,

August or September?!?!?! ....this is rediculous. I would really like to know what the heck they were doing during the Lion beta phase. It seems nothing.

kurzweil4

mashaffe

• Calf
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »

Time to move on.  This company's focus isn't quality products or customer satisfaction. 

Otherwise they would have had a plan to address this.

kurzweil4

• Calf
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »

No doubt. If they truly don't address this before August, it will be the last Buffalo product I buy. I bought this specifically and ONLY for use with Time Machine. I can't have something that will not work for 2 or 3 months every time there is an OS update.