Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)  (Read 78446 times)

SitoCH

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

Buffalo didn't fix the bug when they had time and this is their fault but you can't blame them because you don't know how to download a file a run the updater...

bazzardl

• Calf
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:29 AM »

Any news on when or whether the LS-WS1.0TG/R1 (UK) will be updated?

Many thanks

lomsdalen

• Calf
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:31 PM »

I have tried to download the update to my LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU?. First I set it to download and install but I got some message about not being able to transfer the file. I waited a little while and started the process again. Still via the interface. Now it jumped directly to "Progress: Updating of the firmware has started.?" and it has stayed there for like 6 hours.

What can/should I do?

2020hindsight

• Calf
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »

Very strange. All of a sudden, one of my backups from my MacBook Pro to one shared folder on my LS-WTGL (LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.09)

?started working today. The others (to a different shared folder) still fail with the usual message. NB these are my scheduled Intego backups, and not Time Machine. The only change  as far as I'm aware is the OSX 10.7.1 upgrade, tho' why this should make a difference and why it should make a difference to one shared folder only I've no idea.

I decided to bit the bullet - initialise the entire Linkstation and re-set up the two logical disks from scratch. 

Lo and behold it now appears to work. So far I've backed up around 150gig, and appear to be able to read/write at will.

I've already moved half of my backups off the LS to another vendor's product. I'll keep testing with the Linkstation and if it proves reliable will continue to use it.

But Buffalo's support has been non-existant; Buffalo has been completely behind the curve on this one as far as I'm concerned not testing their products under Lion to make sure they work; not informing customers if products didn't work, not keeping customers up to date as to the status of any fixes etc etc.

I've no idea whether my disk will continue to work - certainly Buffalo haven't given me any confidence. And I certainly will not be buying a Buffalo product when I need to replace something.

The whole sorry affair has been a prime example of how to lose customers I'm afraid.

I've no idea whether anyone else's disk will start to work, or whether re-initialising will work for those doing non-Time Machine backups. It might be worth a try.

supersheep

• Calf
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2011, 04:56:44 AM »

Buffalo, as developers, had over half a year time to review the issues with Lion. They chose to do NOTHING until the big crash. After the crash they acted as if they knew nothing about the issue until the release of Lion.

They don't even do software updates for two-year-old products, which is VERY weak. The advertised time machine function has never worked right out of the box. The network speed of the linkstation is abysmal. It is loud, needs a lot of power and the user interfaces are just bad. They have iPhone support only for newer versions, but they do not declare it properly. 

I'm very sorry to have invested in a company that has absolutely no idea what customer satisfaction means. I bought a time capsule now, like I should have from the start. And guess what: Everything just works. 

A very unsatisfied and quite angry ex-customer

breakout

• Calf
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »

Anyone know if there is an update yet for the LinkStation hardware that started this thread -- the LS-WX2.0TL/R1?? I can't find anything on the Buffalo website about a new firmware for this hardware or really anything at all :0( 

***1.54 for Lion was posted on the USA download site 8-12-11 - posted by admin***

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2011, 05:13:18 AM »
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cooper

• Calf
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

I just updated two mac's on my netowork to Lion 10.7 and updated the firmware of my LS-XH2.0TL (1.54) and updated my NASNavidator2(2.5) software for the MAC's and I still can not connect to the NAS.   I can see the NAS server in the Navigator (with correct IP address) but when I try to connect to a folder  I get an ERROR "You do not have permission to access this server".   I can log in through the web interface and change settings, but I can not log into the server using the Navigator.

I can run windows7 using parallels on the MAC and use the NasNavigator software(1.54) for windows and it still will not connect to the server and has the same error.

What Options do I have and is there no fix at this time per the posts?

trpatterson3

• Calf
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »

Downloaded the file, skimmed the directions, ran update, rebooted several times, backed up both of my MacBook Pro's.

THANK YOU!

portal

• Calf
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »

SERIOUSLY POOR SHOW BUFFALO, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

I've told all my mates NEVER to buy a Buffalo NAS.

Fed up waiting for a patch for the Linkstation Pro Duo NAS, so went DIY.  THERE IS A WORKAROUND!  See instructions at http://www.honestindian.co.uk/?p=137?

Works a treat.

portal

• Calf
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
Is buffalo still reading these posts?

If it were my company, I would make sure someone was available daily to respond to questions and provide updates!

portal

• Calf
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
Hello?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »

yes, we are reading the posts and responding to the main sticky post at STICKY

That way the answers stay on the main page, on the Sticky post.

Trying to keep the responses in one place, on top, where customer can find the latest news.

portal

• Calf
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Still not seeing any useful info on the main thread!!!!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2011, 04:20:54 AM »

portal wrote:
Still not seeing any useful info on the main thread!!!!

Portal, not once have you mentioned what device you have.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!