Author Topic: LS-CHL TFTP boots, but then just flashes blue continuously.  (Read 11484 times)

Snickolls

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL TFTP boots, but then just flashes blue continuously.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »

I feel soooooo relieved that i changed my order last min about these devices!
I ordered in the region of x200 of the CH500L drives, but wasnt expecting delivery for a few weeks.. 1 turned up which i ordered prior and given it died on me after 13 days, and the lack of help from Buffalo saw my order scrapped.......  Still havent got NAS boxes yet for home users, working my way through what is reliable, and have defo lost all confidence in Buffalo!

csi_sg1

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »

It's a great pity indeed. I love the Buffalo devices, the online support from Buffalo's side has been pretty shocking, not having bootloaders that actually work correctly is indeed not up to par, compared to the rest of their awesome products.

tsammyc

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 10:12:43 PM »

Hmmm... Another solution is to buy a new Buffalo NAS. Just visited the IT Show here in Singapore and bought a Linkstation Pro LS-VL for just S$149 or A$115. Its got the same familar interface as the older Buffalo NAS and a 1.6Ghz processor that transfers at up to 72MB/s or 576mbps. Why struggle with an obsolete NAS?

One other issue is that the newest WD Green drives have lots of problems with various NAS' from QNAP to Synology because their power saving features are incompatible. So beware. The older WD greens are OK.

csi_sg1

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »

I would love to have purchased another Buffalo LinkStation NAS. However, the Aus distributors don't import NAS models, only external HDD versions. So my only alternative wass to privately import a Buffalo NAS. Which means, if I have technical difficulties I have a lot of trouble to get a replacement. Plus all the knocks from having to travel from the UK/USA to Aus... probably ensures I will have to send it back sooner than later.

You have a web address for an online store in Singapore that supplies Buffalos?

The option I took was the Netgear, had nicer features SFTP, SSH, RAID and 2-bays and was locally available. Those features are all fine and well, but their driver support is PATHETIC! You cannot even copy large files over Wifi to the Netgear NAS. Netgear'sr QA obviously only tests their drivers with ethernet = BIG FAIL!