Author Topic: Linkstation LS-WX2.0TL/R1 can't Rebuild Raid Array 1  (Read 4307 times)

zerokash

• Calf
Linkstation LS-WX2.0TL/R1 can't Rebuild Raid Array 1
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »

Hi,

we have a Linkstation LS-WX2.0TL/R1 with FW 1.40. After a blackout one of the two 1TB HDD is crashed (Disk 1). So i shut down the Linkstation and replace the disk with a new empty one.

After it the Linkstation was in EM-Mode so I flashed the FW 1.40.

Post flashing the FW the Linkstation shows E13 & I12.

So I wanted to rebuild the array. The status from array 1 under system->storage->RAID array is error.

After going into detail of array 1 their is no possibility to rebuild the array, button rebuild array is greyed out.

I already do a factory reset but this wasn't the solution.

Delete the array isn't the preferred way, because their working people on the device.

The data is also saved to another device but cause their working always on this device its only a snapshot backup.

If their no possibility I will do delete and renew the linkstation on saturday.

Hopefully you can show me another way.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation LS-WX2.0TL/R1 can't Rebuild Raid Array 1
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:31:13 AM »

Click on the disk that you replaced under the disks section and choose rediscover disk and then format it. Then when it comes back you should be able to rebuild the RAID. 

zerokash

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:38:09 AM »

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately the button rediscover disk is also greyed out.

Wenn I select Array 1 the buttons Check Disk & Format Disk are activated. On any disk selected all buttons are disabled.

Maybe some screens (german interface) will help.

Disk 1 selected

Disk 1 selected

Array 1 selected

Array 1 selected

cineman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:16:30 AM »

Hello I am having exact the same issue. One of two 2TB HD of my LS-WXL failed (Disk 1). I replaced it with the same model.

I was not able to Rebuild the RAID 1 array. As advised in one of the previous posts I did format the new disk. Disk 1 (the replaced one) now is listed with status "Normal", Disk 2 with Status "Array 1".  But still the "Rebuild RAID array" button is not available. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »

For both of you I would force flash the firmware using FAQ 2 of 5 with the delete user config options checked. 

tomikulmala

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »

I have pretty much the same problem as the starter.

My 2nd HD failed (I have the 1TB model though) and I replaced it with one that is exactly the same model. Did everything as it was told in user manual. After array rebuild I still have no volumes and storage is not available. NasNavigator says the HDs are unformatted?! How can that be possible, HD 1 should be fine and there are hundreds of gigabytes of stuff in there. Why can't I access data when there's only one HD (I'm using mirroring RAID)?

The Shared directories are still there (4 in total + this weird "Info"), but I can't access the files. Is there still a way to save my data with some tools?

Edit: This was sent to my email from LinkStation:

RAID Error Notification

HDD error occurred
Target array:RAID Array 1 (md2)

RAID array can not be mounted.?

Oh yes... And I have the latest firmware installed (just downloaded it yesterday).

tomikulmala

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »

Replying to myself.

I had to format both disks. This thing is going to be sold in very close future...

Stonie

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »

Hi,

I managed to solve this after a bunch of button mashing... see this post: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-LS-WVL-Can-t-Rebuild-Array-RAID-1/m-p/91128/highlight/false#M45340

Cheers,

Stonie.