Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation - Info/error flashing red light  (Read 11837 times)

insane

• Calf
Buffalo Linkstation - Info/error flashing red light
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:46:36 am »

Yesterday i was helped in a thread with my linkstation:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Buffalo-Linkstation-directly-into-PC/td-p/55810

and today i decided to format my 2x 1TB drives and put them IN PLACE of the 2x 500gb drives in the Linkstation. Both my TB drives were formatted with NTFS.

When i turn on my linkstation, i get a flashing red light on info/error

EDIT: I get 6 red flashes, which i see means it cannot recognise the HDD. I pressed the reset button on the back of the Buffalo. Will update shortly.

EDIT 2 : If i put one of the original 500gb drives in with one of my TB drives, i can get to the web interface but it doesnt recognise the size of the 2nd drive, even after i do an XFS format.

SO i thought it'd be the firmware; so i tried this:

1. To force the firmware update to the unit, users will need to enable Debug support on the Updater.exe.
2. To do this open the lsupdater.ini or nasupdater.ini file from the firmware. Whether you have nasupdater.ini or lsupdater.ini will depend on the firmware version.
3. Open the .ini file and add the following two lines to the of the text file:

[SpecialFlags]
Debug=1

1. Save the .ini file and run the Updater.exe.
2. Click on the top left corner of the Updater window (on the small picture) and select "Debug (D)". This will bring up the Debug options.
3. Select either "Ignore Current Version", or "Force Update" and click OK. This will have the program force the update even if it detects the same version was already installed.

The Lsupdater.exe can see the buffalo with the [specialflags] code, but fails to update due to an error with TCP.

EDIT 3: The Storage menu shows the drive as USB Disk1 Disconnected

I'll leave it for you guys to help now

cheers

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo Linkstation - Info/error flashing red light
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:10:42 am »

What is the IP on both your linkstation and your PC? The TCP error means that it cannot communicate. The way you can do this process would be to replace one drive at a time while flashing the firmware. So you would replace drive 1, flash the firmware, and then drive 2 and then flash the firmware again. But keep in mind, since you upgraded the hard drives it will void the warranty. If you send buffalo a unit with different size hard drives they will just send you the unit back without fixing it. 

insane

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:47 am »

My Buffalo's IP is : 192.168.1.116

and my LAN is: 192.168.1.117

Subnet is 255.255.255.0 for both

here's a pic of the errors i get, in order 1,2,3

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:16:09 am »

I would try FAQ 2 of 5 thats pinned at the top of the storage forum. Also make sure that any firewalls or antivirus programs are fully disabled. If you are running a program like Macafee or Norton then you have to actually fully uninstall those programs.