Author Topic: TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.  (Read 1765 times)

shockme

• Calf
TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.
« on: February 17, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »

Here is my issue. 

I just got two of these Tera Stations.  I have hard set the ip adrress, put the network cards into "Port Trunk Mode (TLB)".   I also just updated the firmware to 1.50.

My issues is after I put in the information for Active Directory it goes in fine and returns me to the pages showing that it has attached to AD.  I can go to my DC's and see that the NAS has indeed connected to ad.  But when I go to a share to restrict access from either "Domain Users" or "Domain Groups" the nas does not pull any of the ad information down. 

I have removed it from AD and added it back many times with no luck.   I did however once get it to show me under "Domain Groups"  the administrator group from AD but thats it.

We have 3 DC all running sever 2008 sp2 and I have tried attaching it to each one of them but still no luck getting AD to pull down.

Strange thing is I have used these before in this type network and had no issues.

Thank you for look at this issue.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »

What is the the firmware of your units? And how many users are you trying to pull from AD? The current limit is 1000 users so if you have more than that it can cause this issue. Also you may want to search on how how to change your NTLM settings on your Network Security LAN manager authentication level. There is a known issue with server 2008 were this setting is set to high and it needs to be changed to Send LM and NTLM use NTLMv2 Session Security if Negotiated. 

shockme

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »

Jotin,

I called tech support and found that the issue came from upgrading from 1.41 firmware to 1.50 . 

The tech told me there was an issue some times that causes active directory to not be able to pull down untill you restore the unit to system defaults. 

I did that and it worked like a charm.

Thank you for your response. 

nickyoung

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

Any word if this still happens in Firmware 1.52?  Having the same issue.