Author Topic: New Purchase Woes  (Read 1361 times)

jssaldana

• Calf
New Purchase Woes
« on: February 11, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

We just received a TS-RX8.0TL/R5 today. When I plug it in, I get a dhcp address and I can access the web admin piece just fine. If I change the IP address, it stops answering from multiple machines. I have to then do a factory reset, and then it gets DHCP again and I can manage it again. I've tried clearing history, different browsers, different machines, it's all the same.

Secondly, I tried updating the firmware to 1.5 today and it won't take it. It's currently 1.41-2.066 with the new version at 1.50-2.89. When I run the updater, it says its' going to upgrade it, but doesn't complete it.  It just goes back to the screen showing the current firmware. I called tech support and that was pointless. She just kept saying "it shouldnt' do that". no Kidding.

Lastly, when I do have shares created, *after resetting the device 50 times)  I can't get to any of them if I have restrictions on. I get constantly prompted for logon credentials, regardless of what I put in. I went through some suggestions on these boards without any luck. 

Has anyone else just given up and sent it back?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: New Purchase Woes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »

Which support line did you call? Can you provide the number? And do you know what tech you spoke to? In the mean time you may want to follow FAQ 2 of 5 which is pinned at the top of the storage forum. 

jssaldana

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »

Why does it matter who I talked to? Are there certain ones who can't support it? I tried FAQ 2 and a large number of recommendations from fellow users on these boards without success. I'll send it back Monday and get something that works as advertised.

jssaldana

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »

I forced the firmware update under Faq 2 by leaving it as DHCP and not changing the admin password. Now onto the next.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »

I would just like to know what region you spoke with. If you spoke with the American support line then I could help the tech that you spoke to understand how to fix the problem later on. Try the FAQ 2 of 5 again but this time when going into the debug also choose delete user config. If you do not care about the data on it or do not have any data on it also choose rebuild partition table. Having those checked should completely restore the unit. 

If that does not work then I would try setting a static ip on it and then attatching it directly to a pc with static as well on the same scheme and see if you can access the unit that way.