Author Topic: active directory  (Read 1173 times)

andy

• Calf
active directory
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:00:26 PM »

model LS-W1.0TGL/R1-US

firmware 3.10

static IP

network windows server 2003 standard, dns, active directory.

nas network set to active directory, local user authorization allowed

Shared folder are set with access restriction to enabledand use active directory groups and users set to read / write

The problem is i can access all folders (I am a member of the administrator group in active directory and set to read/write on all folders) when I run a run \\"the ip number of the nas".  I get an access denied message when i run \\"the name of the nas".   Need some help on this.   I have users who have maped drives set to both ways.  With email pst files is set to "the name of the nas"

Thanks for any help you can offer

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: active directory
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »

You need to go to your active directory and change your NTLM settings. Go to your domain, right click and hit properties. Then edit your default group policy. Then go to Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options 
-Double-click Network security: LAN manager authentication level. Set it to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated. From that point you should be able to access it via IP or host name. If you are running any windows 7 or windows vista computers then you will have to do the same thing. That procedure is in the FAQ.