Author Topic: Can't Login to HS-DHGL808  (Read 3714 times)

beastman

• Calf
Can't Login to HS-DHGL808
« on: December 20, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

Help, I have a 500 MB LinkStation Live HS-DHGL and I can't login to the web GUI. I've held the red button in the back to reset it, and this allows me to make it beep or change the IP address from NASnavi by entering the password, "password". It seems like the reset took, but when I go the web GUI it says "Either the User Name or Password is incorrect" when I put "admin" and "password".

Help.

I used the LSUpdater.exe program to reload the firmware, and still no good.

Somewhere along the line my daughter turned off the power strip and I lost my share directory and my ability to login through the web interface.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Can't Login to HS-DHGL808
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »

When you run the Nas Navigator does it find the unit?

If so what is the IP?

What is the firmware version? 

beastman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:15:17 AM »

NAS Navi finds the unit.

The IP address is 192.168.0.5, which is what I was able to set it to with NAS Navi using the password "password". The DHCP server on my router is set to use 192.168.10 and above, so there should not be any conflicts. I also logged on to my router to check and make sure, and there are no other 5s.

I can also make the unit beep via the NAS Navi using "password".

The firmware version is 2.10

When I go to the web configuration tool by typing 192.168.0.5 into the address bar of Internet Explorer version 7 (or selecting Browser Management from the Setup menu in NAS Navi), I am asked to provide both a User Name and a Password. Entering "admin" for User Name and "password" for Password at this screen results in the message: Either the User Name or Password is incorrect. I've typed it in about a hundred times hoping, so I don't think I've mis-spelled "password" every time.  :)

So it's pretty bothersome that I can use "password" to beep it and change IP address, but I can't login.

And my share directory is missing but the NAS Navi screen shows 11.6 GB used. I'm hoping I can recover the share directory without a full reformat of the entire drive.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »
Try defaulting it, hold in the init button for 30 seconds.

beastman

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »

Didn't work. Is there a difference between 10 seconds and 30 seconds on that button? Seems like it reboots when I hold the red button until it beeps, but this time when I held it for 30+ seconds it seemed like it just reset some stuff but didn't reboot.

In any event, it reset the device to use the DHCP server and then acquired a new IP address of 192.168.0.12, so it did something, but just not enough. I was once again able to change the IP address and make the unit beep with the default password of "password" from the NAS Navi, but I am still unable to login via the web management tool. Using "admin" and "password" still fails the same way.

Are there any other "default" user names, because my unit doesn't like "admin".

beastman

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »

Nevermind.

I hooked a WD Passport drive to the USB port, telnet'd in with admin/password (why won't that work from the web manager???), copied my media files to the USB drive, exited, enabled debug in the Buffalo firmware updater and did a reformat which allowed me to login through the web manager, and then copied all the files back from USB drive to the Linkstation.

What a pain, but it's done now. I suer hope this "forgotten share and admin" issue doesn't happen a lot.