Author Topic: Network Drive TeraStation™ III 8Tera Problem with format  (Read 1470 times)

MrBunji

• Calf
Network Drive TeraStation™ III 8Tera Problem with format
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »

I had problems with performance and configuration of the HD, so I had to reformat it, to start formatting it will not pursue of % and I got tired of waiting (wait like 9 hours) and the formatting will stay at 20%, so goes off  the HD During formatting ,  and now when you start the Drive Station enables all HD but when you start the browser (via HTML only) does not recognize the HD storage , according to the manual this is due to an error in formatting, but since I do not recognize HD I can not reformat .. I can do?

The exact model is : TeraStation™ III iSCSI - TS-IXL/R5 & TS-RIXL/R5 ( 8 terabytes storage )

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/business/terastation-iii-iscsi-ts-ixlr5-ts-rixlr5/

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Network Drive TeraStation™ III 8Tera Problem with format
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:25:33 AM »

Follow FAQ 2 of 5 that is pinned at the top of the storage posts. During this process when it mentions going into the debug options also check delete partition table. This should format it. 

MrBunji

• Calf
Re: Network Drive TeraStation™ III 8Tera Problem with format
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »

Ok i gonna try that , any way my mistake was buy this model believe that using the USB interface ( This model use HTML and red network interface ) , Is very confusing to operate and copy files, just a question :  there any way to change to a more manageable model ? ( I have another  Tera Statio quatro and use USB to data tranfer , is very easy to use and that was more liked ) .. the new one only have 1 moth old ,you know if the warranty covers one kind of change for another model ?  I buy from this web site :

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1986071

PD: Thanks.