Author Topic: How to set up new hard disk for LS-L500GL  (Read 8356 times)

Ronya

• Calf
Re: How to set up new hard disk for LS-L500GL
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 03:59:46 AM »

Well I dismounted the unit once again and using other PC connected to SATA interface and deleted all earlier partitions. Now the drive was ready to another trial

This time I upgraded Firmware with version downloaded from Buffalo European site - but result is the same web management interface at 192.168.1.72 is in hieroglyph (Japanese, Chinese or something.) Unit reset didn't fix it. Where to obtain LS-L500GL config screen in English???

This time I guessed the password - and there is no password :-)

Unfortunately opening single screen was of no help to change language. For reference I copied the content below.

Web????

Web???? ??????

Web??????
???? ?????

????????
???? ?????

HTTPS/SSL???
???? ?????

BuffaloNAS.com ????
???? ?????

BuffaloNAS.com ???

BuffaloNAS.com ??

???DNS???? ????

????????? (UPnP)
???? ?????

??????????

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 07:28:21 AM »
Check your PM :-)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Ronya

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »

Hello,

I don't know if I did something wrong or are these images all in Asian languages.

I still hope someone could have time, to help me to turn this brick into English. :-)

BR

Ronya :-)

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »

There is a post in the general FAQ on how to change your language back to English.

Ronya

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

Hello,

It has paassed a long time ... and noone doen't seem to know how to  fix LS-L500GL into English. I'm sorry but I don't understand Chinese and these FAQ descriptions don't describe my unit. Please, could someone demystify this Buffalo unit into English? Thanks!

Q: "Is your unit in another language and you do not know how to change it back? "

A: Depending on your model number and firmware version this can be done in two different ways.
If you have the older firmware with the options on the left hand side, you will see an icon with a piece of paper with the corner folded. Click on this icon and you will see two drop menu's at the bottom of the page. In the first drop down menu, choose English, or your desired language. Then press the button at the bottom that would be apply. After that , in the 2nd drop down menu, change the windows language to the desired language and then press apply again. A reboot of the browser and or NAS may be required. 

For the newer units with the navigation at the top you want to go to "system", which his the fourth option from the left. Here you will see three red headers. Expand the bottom one which would be language. Click on the white button that would be modify settings. You will see two drop down menus. In the first drop down menu, choose English, or your desired language. Then press the button at the bottom that would be save. After that , in the 2nd drop down menu, change the windows language to the desired language and then press save again. A reboot of the browser and or NAS may be required. 

For the Terastation 3 ISCSI it will be the 2nd menu at the top from the left and then the 4th red head down. The instructions are the same from there.

Ronya

• Calf
Re: Still not solved: How to set up new hard disk for LS-L500GL
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 01:04:13 PM »

Please could someone suggest, is it possible and how to restore LS-L500GL firmware in English.

Thank you very much!