Author Topic: HD-CE500U2-EU not powering up  (Read 1329 times)

WolfieZero

• Calf
HD-CE500U2-EU not powering up
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »

Hi,

I've had my HD-CE500U2-EU (500GB External HDD) for just over 2 years now and just recently it has failed to start up. After some checking around, fiddling with wires and power adaptors I came to the conclusion that the power connector went on the drive as it managed to power up on another adaptor (lower power but it came on for as long as I had it on). So I went and purchased a replacement WA-24E12 to hopefully remedy this issue.

Connecting the new power unit to the HD it still wouldn't power up. I check in another socket, still not power; check with the power unit that it worked with before hand and it powers up.

I'm a little stumped now that a lower powered adaptor works (least boots up the device) and the two correct ones don't. 

Anybody else come across this issue before? Or failing that, is there a how-to guide to open the HD-CE500U2-EU so I can at least recover the HD inside?

Thanks for your time.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: HD-CE500U2-EU not powering up
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

We wouldn't have a guide to do that here because it voids your warranty. I know there are some sites out there that could help you.