Author Topic: Hardware differences?  (Read 1385 times)

Speeddymon

• Calf
Hardware differences?
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »

Hello there,

I'm curious as to if there are any differences other than drive size between the various HS-DHTGL/R5 models? Anything in terms of a better ARM processor, better network controller, better SATA controller, more RAM, better power supply, anything really.

I ask because I was reading around on the feasibility of upgrading to larger drives, which I know is unsupported and requires rooted firmware. The only response here or anywhere that I've been able to find on the subject was from someone that doesn't work for Buffalo, so I'm hoping for some extra info.

The question posed was if 2TB drives can be supported in the DH1.0. The answer given was that the power supply wasn't strong enough for 2TB drives. But given that the DH8.0 has been out for some time, I thought I should ask a different question, which is why I posed the one above.. Is there any difference in hardware between the 1.0 and the 8.0?

Thanks!

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Hardware differences?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »

There's no hardware difference (except for hard drives) between the 1.0TB and 4.0TB; 4.0 being the highest capacity Terastation Live ever released and supported in the USA.