Author Topic: Linkstation pro Ls-XHL 1.0tb and ps3 streaming. Why will music stream but not photos or video.  (Read 5262 times)

bigtim1966

• Calf

Still no joy.  Hmm not sure what to try now

bigtim1966

• Calf

When I look at my authorised media clients, I see my sonos music system which is working fine.  I don't see the ps3, but I do have a blank line in there which shows as set to deny.  When I click on the deny it comes up 'ps3'  if i change this to allow and try and save it just sets back to deny.  Is this significant?  Can't find any settings in the ps3 that would unblock it from sending an IP, MAC code or name?

Jotin

• Big Bull

Ok Bigtim1966, here are some screen shots of my stuff.

screen.png

photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

photo3.JPG

And from here you can tell my firmware version, media server version and and the info about my ps3. Now I move my ps3 around alot, so I out of anyone should have the most problems with networking and this thing.

So Basically what I did for you was to re initilize and set up my linkstation. When I brough home my ps3 I put it back on the network and it saw nothing. I went in and redid the network settings even though it was online. It then saw my linkstation but I coudln't access them. I was getting DLNA error 2104. So I figured, all right, I'll just restart it, and now I can see all of my videos pictures and music. I hope this helps. The ps3 never really shows its host name on anything sadly. It would be nice if it were acessible right from windows, but we can dream right? lol *pokes sony*

bigtim1966

• Calf

ks ti will give that a try tonight

bigtim1966

• Calf

What I meant was thanks jotin

bigtim1966

• Calf

no still no better.

bigtim1966

• Calf

Jotin,Im using iexporer so the png's don't show either :) AGGGGGhhhhhhhh

bigtim1966

• Calf

My settings:Firmware version:1.37
(DTCP-IP:1.40-20101129)

Just uploaded the latest ps3 software 3.56 and restarted the ps3 network connection but no good

bigtim1966

• Calf

Just tried a spare (newer) router, exactly the same.

Think its getting time to return the unit

bigtim1966

• Calf

Has anyone else had issues streing photos or video to the ps3?

bigtim1966

• Calf

Jotin, Is there a way I can force the linkstation media server to see/allow the ps3 if I know the ip address / mac code?

bigtim1966

• Calf

Success. 

Re-installed v1.4,  restore to factory defaults, update media server restart and refresh media server and it works!