Author Topic: Configure array 2?  (Read 1266 times)

armorlord

• Calf
Configure array 2?
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »

I've got a funny problem with my new terastation 3...

One day one of my idior friends wantesd to look inside the box to see how the inside hard disks are connected and pulled it out while the device was still on.

after a lot of screams on my part and trying some simple restores and updating firmware, I still wasn't able to make the terastation recognize the hard disk.

I've got a screenshot of the web based administrative tool showing the problem:

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/armor_lord1/?action=view&current=untitled-1.jpg (may be needed to zoom in on the picture)

Any help would be highly appreciated, and sorry if this is a simple problem I'm new to buffalo products.

disputator

• Buffalo
Re: Configure array 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »

First you should have firmware 1.41 minimum or a quite old one. Second if you pull a drive and stick it back in the machine is confused because the hardware is recognised as faulty. Without a restart it won't work.

Greetz

armorlord

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »

I have  firmware version 1.5 and I have tried restarting more than once. I'll try again just incase.. but I have my doubts.s

disputator

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »

Sorry, wasn't visible in the request. Go to System-Storage, if possible remove the drive (button), afterwards format it, then try Raid recovery. For me it worked a couple of times. I saw remove is possible. Please make sure you use the format on the same page (System-Storage) with the correct drive marked.

Just in case- make a backup.

armorlord

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »

I've tried formatting now and yes.. it has worked. Thanks a lot !