Author Topic: is Buffalo nas down?  (Read 6571 times)

Buffalo4T

• Calf
is Buffalo nas down?
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
   i cant seem to reach even the log in page for buffalo nas......everything was fine yesterday.....tried emptying my cache and resetting the browser, and also tried another computer but i still get a "server can not be found" error when trying to reach buffalnas.com..............any suggestions...:robottongue:

EFH

• Calf
Re: is Buffalo nas down?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »
   Yeah - it looks like it's down.  I'm having this problem too.  Looks like the buffalonas.com domain has disappeared from the DNS servers that I know about.  Can't ping, traceroute or anything.  I have a new Linkstation Mini and I can't register the server with buffalo at the moment.  Dead in the water until Buffalo fixes this...

mtuhoop24

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »

I am having the same problem.......it has been driving me crazy......I talked to buffalo Tech support and they said no it isn't but the guy has to be wrong.  It worked the other day and it won't work now.  I even tried it from the office....

Very frustrating!!!  Hope it gets fixed!

jdkluck

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »

I do not know because I just got a brand new linkstation live and was trying to get it setup before I leave for Christmas so I can access my computer files.

I setup accounts for my friends to try out and see if it is working and if I have any issues or exploits.

One of my buddies could not get the link to work buffalonas.com at all and could not find it. Even did a google search and that would not come up. However the same time he was saying that I could get to it from home and also from my work comptuer.

My other buddy confirmed he could get to the site and log in and that and then shortly after my other buddy said he could not get the link to work. BUt then I could get to it no problem.
 I dont know what the problem is or the issue.

Hopefully someone will post something soon because I cannot figure it out at all why I can get there an some other cannot.

jdkluck

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

Just to check I typed in http://buffalonas.com in Firefox and it came right up to the site asking me for my LinkStation or TeraStaion name. However my 2 friend still cannot find the site at all.

I wonder if it has anything to do with geographical area or regions or what....but this is pissing me off.

Just letting you all know....Happy Holidays

EFH

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 04:30:21 AM »

More info.  I did a whois, and the buffalonas.com IP address is 210.167.160.117  You can use the IP address if the DNS service doesn't find it.

Probably some DNS server is messing up and the chain of servers after it simply follow suit.

mtuhoop24

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:59 AM »
   OK...I can get to the site through the IP but nothing else.  Now the problem is that my LinkStation won't register my username.  I had it the other day but when I couldn't access it through my work computer and then not at home I started over.  Now it won't work.....very frustrating.  Any ideas?

mtuhoop24

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »
   I think I solved my problem.  I setup my own DDNS service and I think it worked.  I can even access through my iPhone!

jdkluck

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »

Yeah the IP address worked for me.

I think it did end up becoming a DNS server issue for some of my friends and what not.

I also went ahead and gave them the public IP of my linkstation when I logged in so they could just use that instead to get to it directly.

Not sure what the issue is or why but it was a real pain in the butt but glad to have figured it out now. Also glad to have the static IP address as well now.

Thanks everyone and Thanks Tech Support for the help as well.

Happy Holidays!