Author Topic: LS-CHL-V2 E22 Error and Lost Password  (Read 5001 times)

2dec05

• Calf
LS-CHL-V2 E22 Error and Lost Password
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:15:10 AM »

Hi guys... I had a power outage and am struggling to get my LS-CHL-V2 back working. Initially the NAS showed an E22 error but continued to show up on NasNavi. At the same time it stopped recognising the default "user/password" so I couldn't login to check things over (there seems to be a lot of threads here about lost passwords despite having only ever used the default settings!) 

I've made some progress as follows...

- I managed to get NAS into EM mode and upgrade firmware from v1.26 to v1.37 - this shows up OK on NasNavi which correctly finds the NAS and shows the hard drive as being partly full

- I can ping the NAS OK through WinXP and it shows a correct IP Address on NasNavi

- When I try to access the share folders in NasNavi its says "Could not open shared folder. Confirm Drive Status"

- When I try "Run\\IP-Address" in Win XP I get "Network Path Not Found"

- I've reset the NAS by switching on/off and holding the function button to return the settings to factory defaults. The reset works OK but I still cannot login as it says "Invalid usrname or password"

I searched the message boards and am completely out of ideas! Given all this started with an E22 error, I'm guessing there's a more serious problem here that can't be fixed..... Help!!

Many thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL-V2 E22 Error and Lost Password
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »

I would try turning off the unit and then holding the function button for 10 seconds. Then while still holding the function button you want to flip the switch to on. Once the function button starts to flash you then want to release and press the function button again for one second. Wait for the power light to become solid. Then try and login again. 

2dec05

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »

Hi Jotin... this was done as described but still no joy. It's saying "Invalid username or password". I have only ever used the default (admin/password) settings so in theory there was nothing to reset anyway! Other people in this forum semm to have had the same issue but I'm not aware how they solved it!

Given that I also cannot open my share folders through NasNavi (it says "confirm drive status") and given that this all stemmed from an E22 mounting error then could there not be something more sinister at play here...? 

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »

It could be a bad drive. You may want to take the drive out and use a program called UFS explorer to recover the data. Either the drive may be bad here or it may be that the chaise has a bad part on the board causing the drive not to mount.  

2dec05

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

Ok. Data recovery is not a major issue as I have another backup. If the drive won't mount then can I get a replacement under warranty? Unit is only 9months old.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »

Yes, just call technical support and they can set one up for you. 

anyoldname

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 07:28:56 AM »

I have just had the same problem with my LS-CHL NAS (firmware v1.07). I have been using my own password to access the web console since I purchased the device (late 2009) then suddenly after a power outage it stopped working. I followed the instructions to reset the device to factory settings however the default password also would not work...

Unlike most people however today the device seems to have corrected itself. I think the problem is related to the time, when the device was not working properly I was still able to login with the guest account and it showed the time to be some date in 2007 (I assume whenever that version of the firmware was created). Now it is working again it is showing the correct date.

If anyone else has the same issue try the following:

1 - log into the web console using the guest account (no password)

2 - make a note of the time displayed

3 - reset the clock on your pc to match that time

4 - try logging back into the web console with whatever the admin password is currently set to

5 - if it works manually set the time on the device to the current date and then correct the time on the PC also

Now as I say my device has somehow corrected the time itself and so I haven't tested this method but it may be worth a go, good luck!

foxee

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »

I too am having this same problem my pc seems to discover the link station but I cannot open the shared files... What's strange is it can be accessed through my PS3 but my pc just says"Windows cannot access //LS-CHL-V2E47" then when i diagnose the problem it says "the remote device or resource wont accept the connection"

I am not very good with computers but have tried the reset process and I cannot seem to resolve my problem... Is there anyone out there who knows what I can do??????

Help

lancer

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

I am also having the same problem.  I went on a business trip, and IT dept got ahold of my PC, now that I am back it won't work.  My other home PCs are still working just fine.  They can see the mapped network drive.

I can see the drive on the network, I just can't map to it.  say "could not open shared folder".

thx

lancer

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »

re submission to turn on email update