Author Topic: Web Access of NAS attached to Router attached to DSL Modem  (Read 2439 times)

bbliew

• Calf
Web Access of NAS attached to Router attached to DSL Modem
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:20:25 AM »

Hello all,

I have a LinkStation Live 1TB (Model # LS-CH1.0TL) connected to a WiFi Router (Belkin Wireless G Router - 2.4Ghz-802.11g), connected to a DSL modem (D-Link DSL-520B).

Everything functions well inside the internal network. However, I'm not sure what I need to do to enable Web Access in terms of port forwarding, etc.  I've tried the automatic settings, but that didn't work.  Please advise how to set my Web Access settings (done by logging into the NAS), my modem, and my router. 

Thank you for any help you can offer!

jamesnb

• Tatanka
Re: Web Access of NAS attached to Router attached to DSL Modem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:43 PM »

You will basically have 2 options for WebAccess from outside of your network:

1/ Using buffalonas.com: Read the included User Manual

2/ Configure manually: If you have a dynamic IP address (which most people do), then you first need to set-up a "Host" which point to your dynamic IP Address, for example using www.Dyndns,org (free)

- Go to www.dyndns.org create one Account and Add a Host (free). Give it a name such as "your-ip-address.dyndns.org"

- Configure your DSL modem with this dyndns account. Also, give a static IP address to your NAS

- Configure your NAS, taken the Host Name from dyndns that you have registered.

- From your Router, Forward the Ports to your NAS IP address, as followings:

Port 9000 (Internal/External): Webaccess

Port 9090 (Internal/External): Bit torrent

Port 80: (Internal/External): Web-admin

Hope this helps

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Web Access of NAS attached to Router attached to DSL Modem
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »

bbliew wrote:

Hello all,

I have a LinkStation Live 1TB (Model # LS-CH1.0TL) connected to a WiFi Router (Belkin Wireless G Router - 2.4Ghz-802.11g), connected to a DSL modem (D-Link DSL-520B).

Everything functions well inside the internal network. However, I'm not sure what I need to do to enable Web Access in terms of port forwarding, etc.  I've tried the automatic settings, but that didn't work.  Please advise how to set my Web Access settings (done by logging into the NAS), my modem, and my router. 

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Forward whatever port you have selected for web access to the local IP address of the Linkstation on the router, once this is done correctly it will work fine.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!