Author Topic: Can't Access HS-DH500GL from Web Console  (Read 5854 times)

chris

• Calf
Can't Access HS-DH500GL from Web Console
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »

I have an existing HS-DH500GL. I purchased and installed a LS-W2.0TGL/R1-V3 (firmware 3.07). At first, both units worked okay. After powering off and on the HS, I have lost my share files (although in properties it still appears the data is there). I can't sign-on to the web interface (invalid userid/password) using "admin" and "password". In NASNavigator, I can use "I'm here" with the password "password" to get a response.

I updated the HS-DH500GL firmware to version 2.10.  This has not fixed the problem.

I have reset the unit using the red button on the back.

The NASNavigator software can find the unit.  I was going to try re-applying the firmware upgrade, but now LSUpdater says "HS-DHGL not found".

Any suggestions for getting into the web console?

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Can't Access HS-DH500GL from Web Console
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »

Connect it directly to your PC and set a static IP of 192.168.11.10

the buffalo unit (after the reset from the back) will boot into 192.168.11.150

from there force the firmware again

to learn how to force the firmware, search the forum for force firmware.

chris

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »

Followed the instructions.  The unit booted to 169.254.26.11, but other than that I was able to force the firmware update.

This has not fixed the problem, however.  I still can't access the web console.  Any other helpful hints?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:53:18 AM »

What IP address is it at now?

also make sure all of your anti virus and firewall software is disabled. 

chris

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:07:22 PM »

The unit originally booted at 192.168.11.150 but changed to 169.254.26.11 within a minute.  I used the NASNavigator to force it to 192.168.11.150 and that seemed to work.

I forced the firmware (after ensuring all virus protection and firewalls were off) and had the same result (I used the password "password" in the firmware upgrade).

I forced the firmware a second time checking the "Delete user-config" option in the firmware updater debug config options.  My data is still there, but I have the same result.

Since I know (asssume) from the firmware updater that the password is "password", any options on the UserID?  I've seen a number of posts on "emergency mode" but none of them (that I found) seem to explain what this is or how to use it.  Is that my next step?  If not...

Thanks for your assistance!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »
holding in the reset button for 30 seconds should clear out the user name. Can you access the data via FTP?

chris

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

Holding in the reset button for 30 seconds didn't change the behavior.

I am unable to access the data via FTP...

I use CoffeeCup Direct FTP

Server Name: IP Address of the HS

User Name & Password: tried leaving both blank; tried admin/password

Port: tried 20 and 21

Any combination of settings returns "Error #7...check your server settings..."

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »

Try it with no user name and password, or the user and password of a user you created (only if that folder had access restrictions on it).

If this does not work then I would contact support for an Advanced rma to recover your data with.