Author Topic: Cannot uncompress files on LS-CHL mapped drive  (Read 2323 times)

drdeathly

• Calf
Cannot uncompress files on LS-CHL mapped drive
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »

When I access the Linkstation Live (LS-CHL) via mapped drive in Windows XP SP3 (or any other way) I'm unable to uncompress files on the Linkstation drive.  Winrar comes back with errors.  I have read/write access setup, and no access restrictions specified.  This is occurring in the bittorrent folder if that matters.  To have to copy a compressed file to my local HDD in order to work with it is... limiting.

I also turned on FTP access but am unable to access it even though I'm behind my router's firewall. 

Thanks for making such a great product - I love my Linkstation Live! 

Setup details.

Desktop and laptop (both with WinXP SP3) on 802.11g via Zyxel X-550 wireless router, which is connected to a Linksys 5-port Gigabit switch which is connected to the 1TB LS-CHL.  Both computers have connected (mapped the LS-CHL drive).  One I just setup to backup to the LS-CHL and is currently backing up files.

I have bittorrent enabled target to the bittorrent folder. There are torrents currently downloading.  The file I'm attempting to unrar is a torrent.

Just figured out that I could unrar the file to a folder on my local HDD and/or to the share folder on the LS-CHL - evidently the bittorrent folder doesn't allow you any write privileges.  Even though I removed it from the bittorrent que it is still undeleteable.  I guess this is the same problem that others have run into.

It would be great if there could be a un/compress utility built into the LS-CHL so that you didn't have to copy the data through your local computer to un/compress it. 

Message Edited by drdeathly on 12-24-2008 11:04 AM
Message Edited by drdeathly on 12-24-2008 11:15 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Cannot uncompress files on LS-CHL mapped drive
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »
Buffalo is aware of this issue, we will be releasing a firmware soon.