Author Topic: LS-XHL Firmware 1.40 Bug List  (Read 15473 times)

Messen

• Calf
Re: LS-XHL Firmware 1.40 Bug List
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 04:42:19 AM »

@vinhattieu : Hmmmm - I have not that much to compare with. My player is a Squeezebox Touch. And before I got the Linkstation working I had installed a Squeezebox Server on my PC. And there the response time was much faster. But at my PC I did not have that much music. Perhaps that was the reason for the faster response..... I seem to have noticed that the more music I put in the Linkstation, the slower my Touch box finds the records. If this is a Linkstation cause, normal Squeezebox Server behavior, The Touch box or the MySQL database cause - I cannot tell.... Perhaps a mix of all the mentioned ;-)

vinhattieu

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »

@Messen: I also have a Touch. I currently have about 350GB of FLACs in a portable HDD attached to the Touch. The Touch's integrated SBS is understandably slow. Therefore I am thinking of using a LS-XHL (or even a LS-VL). Of course, it cannot be as fast as SBS on a iCore laptop, but I hope that it will improve considerably compared to the built-in server.

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

@vinhattieu : I haven't tried the builtin SBS in the Touch so I have no experience to compare with vs. the Linkstation SBS. I will not at all say that the SBS is "understandably" slow on the Linkstation. My Touch is connected using WIFI and what I did not clarify before is that it is primary when adding records to a playlist and when collecting/showing the album image it seems slow. When the playlist has loaded it quickly starts playing the next record when forcing it to it. Also scrolls through the playlist with no problems. The search function also works fast enough. It is mainly when adding records to playlists. There is also some kind of cache function on the Linkstation SBS. Do not know if this is normal SBS feature..... But I could imagine that when the Linkstation is not restartet all the time due to firmwareupgrades etc. and the cache then cleared the SBS will perform better over time when there is something in the cache it can use. Just a thought......

Anyone who knows how SBS is using the cache on the Linkstation ?

chengster

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »

I have a separate post about plug ins, but Messen, do yours work?

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »

@chengster : I'm not sure what you are asking about is working ;-) If it's the SBS - yes - that works :-)

vinhattieu

• Calf
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »

I don't want to spam the box with a new topic so I'll just post it here.

Is it possible for the Squeezebox Server embedded in FW 1.41 to update itself to a new version? Or we will have to wait for a new Buffalo firmware?

Many thanks.

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 06:47:55 AM »

As I have been told by Buffalo Support they have disabled the SBS update function. So you have to wait for Buffalo to incorporate newer updated versions of SBS   :smileyindifferent:

wyzass9277

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »

Hi Messen,

i was also delighted when 1.41 arrived and thought my problems were solved...

I have my Squeezebox Touch and Linkstation Pro LS-XHL6CD on a wired home network.

I wanted to be able to access the music on my Linkstation through the Squeezebox Touch without having to turn on a pc - and this is what I expected from the firmware update....

Is this how it is supposed to work or does it always need a computer to be on?

Does it make a difference which music library you point to - I have iTunes and MP3 libraries due to the different portable players we have in the house...

Cheers,

Wyzass

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »

Hi Wyzass,

Using that name I guess you should know it yourself ;-) ;-)

No - you do not have to have the PC running when accessing the SBS on the Linkstation using the Touch Player. Of course you need to have the audio files located on the Linkstation and not on the PC's around the house. Perhaps a stupid remark....... ;-)

I do not have any experience with Itunes so I do not know if the SBS can use both MP3 files and Itunes files and then publish them through SBS..... (If I understand your question correctly...) Anyone who has any experience in this for helping Mr. Wyzass ?

Regards,

Messen

wyzass9277

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 03:20:23 AM »

Hi Messen,

Thanks for the reply..;-)

I have pointed squeezebox server to my MP3 files which are all on the Linkstation - I wan to use these rather than the iTunes files which we generally pull through the pc's and my son's iPod...

I still have the iTunes server enabled in squeezebox server but do not know if disabling that will make a difference.

If all the pc's are switched off, when I turn on the squeezebox touch, the Linkstation does not wake up - no flashing blue light at the top...

If I press the function button at the bottom of the front panel then the linkstation wakes up and once the blue light is steady I can see the music but then the linkstation switches off again, even while a track is playing - it does not seem to receognise that the squeezebox is accessing it.

If I switch one of the pc's on, even without logging in, then the linkstation wakes up and is fine and I can play music through the squeezebox without any issues.

I have not changed any port settings since upgrading the firmware and only did a standard upgrade - just ran the executable file and let it do it's stuff.

If I access the advanced options on the squeezebox and ask it to re-start squeezebox server it says it can not do it - can't remember the exact message...

Regards,

Wyzass

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »

Hi again,

The problem is that you have set the Linkstation power switch to automatic and then it shuts down when it cannot see any PC's (connected PC's). The Linkstation does not see the Touch as a PC and then it shuts down and do not wake up again if only the Touch is on the network. It wakes up when a PC connects. There is your problem - I am almost 100 % sure. So move the power button to "normal" and your all done :-)

Regards,

Messen

wyzass9277

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 02:35:19 AM »

Hi Messen,

Cool - that works fine.

Shame it doesn't work on automatic though - it means I have to either leave the linkstation on all the time or remember to switch it on and off as needed...

Maybe this is something that the Buffalo tech guys can build in to the next update...

Thanks again - system works really well now  :smileyvery-happy:

Wyzass

Messen

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 03:35:01 AM »

Hi again Wyzass,

Glad I could be of some sort of help :-)

I do not think it is the Linkstation that has the problem with the auto-wake-up feature. I think it is the Touch that do not support "Wake-on-Lan" technology if this is what Linkstation is using for the auto-feature. Just a guess....... Perhaps Logitech could build in this feature in future firmware updates. Think I will ask them :-) Will let you know if I get an answer....

Regards,

Messen

wyzass9277

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »

Hi Messen,

Good idea - I'll bug the Logitech support guys as well - might be worth shouting about on the Touch forums as well to get more support.

Thanks again.

Wyzass