Author Topic: LS-QL Web Access  (Read 1542 times)

chuahyen

• Calf
LS-QL Web Access
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »

Just bought the LS-QL FW 1.11

in the shared folders, i created a folder called "kids1"

In the user group, i created a group called "staffs"

In the users, i created 2 users, "abc" and "cde" and both are assigned to group called "staffs"

Enabled web access on the folder "kids1" and set the Web Access settings to "Allow All Groups/Users"

When i use the web browser on my PC, it prompt me for the password and i was able to access the  folders.

however, when i use my iphone to go into the address, it did prompt me for password. Entered the correct password and it does not show me the folders/files. Instead it showed me [user:abc] on the top right hand side of the screen. in the text box below, it states "User is not allowed access to this share".

I have tried many ways by changing the shared file folder access for "kids1" but nothing seems to work for iphone except to set the Web Access Settings to "Allow Anonymous".

Please help. I don wan other people to access the folder unless authorised.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-QL Web Access
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »

Create a dummy shared folder on the Linkstation. (call it whatever you want)

Go to web access -> Folder setup -> select the dummy folder and select "allow annomous" -> Apply.

Now go to buffalonas.com using your iphone -> login using your buffalonas.com name. Then on the top right a login button will appear.

Click this and then use one of the existing login credentials to access your files.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

chuahyen

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:32 AM »

Thanks..It works.

But the solution seems abit errr.. in a crude way.. dumb.

y do i need to create a dummy folder? just because of user authorisation?

please advise

thanks

chris

chuahyen

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:25 AM »

hi

now that i can get the web access to work locally in my network how can get others to access it on the internet?

the ip address given from buffaloNas web site is not the same as my router address even though i have place the NAS on DMZ zone.

please advise

thanks

chris

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »

if its working locally but not remotelty then the issue lies with your router not forwarding the ports correctly. Try manually forwarding the whatever port you have selected for web access to the local IP address (192.168.x.x) of the linkstation.

Failing this then contact your router support team.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!