Author Topic: AV Server not working  (Read 4899 times)

nyarrgh

• Calf
AV Server not working
« on: December 17, 2008, 06:56:06 PM »
   I recently upgraded a newly bought HS-DH500GL to Firmware 2.10.  It still serves Itunes correctly, but not the regular AV server.  My PS3 sees the linkstation live, but everything (videos, music,pictures) are all empty.  The xbox 360 doesn't see linkstation at all.

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: AV Server not working
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:00:23 PM »
Bring up the configuration menu on your device and go into the PCast menu, from within Pcast click the refresh and then update database button, this will rebuild the file list for the media server.

nyarrgh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »

i've tried that.  I've even tried creating a new folder, setting the PCast to serve from there and moving the media files there. 

I've read something about port 58050 giving you more access, but that is not working with my Linkstation.  Using a port scanner, The highest open port is something in the 28000's

any help is appreciated

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »
The XBox should not have an issue with it, however the PSP3 buffalo is currently looking into this.

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 01:13:49 PM »

@Matt:

I tried that; it didnt work. I now see more files and folders than earlier but not all.

The whole point of buying this 1TB NAS box was to be able to play media without having my PC on. That's not working at all at this point.

Thanks,

Milind

nyarrgh

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:50:25 AM »
   at least yours see "Some" of the media.  Mine sees none.  The xbox doesn't even see the box