Author Topic: Auto Power down not working on LS-CHL1.0TL-V2  (Read 2971 times)

jonflit

• Calf
Auto Power down not working on LS-CHL1.0TL-V2
« on: January 03, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »

I have power switch set to auto. When i close laptop and it sleeps the Linkstation doesn't auto power down, the blue LED just keeps flashing until i pull out power cable(switching power switch to off does not work). This does not happen all the time, but it is starting to happen more regularly, should i be worried?!

Auto power on works fine when i switch on laptop. Is there any reason why this should happen

I've got Linkstation live LS-CH1.0TL-V2 firmware 1.37

NASnavigator version 2.31

Gunna

• Calf
Re: Auto Power down not working on LS-CHL1.0TL-V2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »

I have the same setup and a similar problem in that the linkstation never shutsdown but just flashes blue light all the time. The difference though is that my linkstation never re-awakens unless I cut the power supply, which is a problem as I intended to access it when away from home.  I suppose I could plug it into a timer to cut off breifly once every 24 hours but hardly a solution.

Also, can't access it on web link, so a reset is not possible. can;t ping it either.

To be able to reboot it remotely would be ok if anyone knows how to do this. But again, it seems like trying to find a way round a defectice product.

Anyone alse experiencing the same?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »

I personally am not getting the same issue with my linkstation. What you could try doing is to initialize the unit through the web interface and see if this fixes the issue. There could be a setting stuck in the firmware. You can do this by going to system, then restore/erase and choosing restore. This does not delete data or change the file structure. 

Gunna

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »

Thanks for the advice which I am following now. Initially I had to switch off the linkstation power to in order to reboot and gain access to the web interface. Then carried out a system restore (as you suggest) and the linkstation has reset with some flashing lights (orange and then blue) and now I have access to the linkstation again (continuous blue). The problem arises when I turn off all computers on my network and the linkstation does not power down, but goes into continuous flashing blue light mode until I remove the power, and reboot when re-connecting to the power supply. I will now turn off all computers once more and let you have an update when I have something to report.

Thanks again.

ciccio

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »

I had the same problem since I upgraded the firmware to 1.37.

There is another topic about firmware 1.37 (http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-LS-CH1-0TL-V2-Firmware-1-37/m-p/46629#M29736). It seems that there are some known problems with this firmware revision.

Thus, I downgraded the firmware to 1.34 and my LS-CH1.0TL works again.

Here is a topic about how to downgrade the firmware: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-5-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

Good luck

and sorry for my poor english

Gunna

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try but the reinitialisation advised above still seems to be working ok. I am away from home at the moment and can access my linkstation from Switzerland. I will let you know if the problem arises again.

Brokenpipe

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 04:24:40 PM »

hello

I am getting the same problem? to shut down . Every night it wake ups to make a backup then it takes hours to shutdown. When I was on hollidays after a few days the station (which was ot used)  was unable to shutdown and continuously was blinking during 2 weeks. I have now the latest firmware 1.52 and the problem is still here. I tried to reset the linkstation to default settings but it did not solve the problem. I am affraid to reformat the station ...  Is there a solution?

nitinsamani

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:09 AM »

Hi, was this ever solved? I am having the same issue

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »

nitinsamani, what firmware version are you running?

nitinsamani

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »

Hello Jotin

It's 1.54. Apologies for cross posting, I was just curious if there was a watcher of this thread who might've found the solution. I was planning on doing more testing and then replying to our original thread with the results.

What I have observed so far is this:

• Using the 'on' and 'off' positions works fine, the unit starts up, and shuts down very quickly indeed, (quicker than with v1.21 of the f/w)
  • Putting it on auto: as you have to flick past 'on' in order to get it to auto, the unit turns on, and then as there is no laptop running NasNavi on the network, the unit begins shutdown sequence and the light starts flashing. 
  • This, in all of my observations so far has resulted in the unit never shutting down, and continuing to flash until I finally get impatient, (after an hour or so), and pull the mains, (which really don't want to do)

What I still want to test is the following scenario:

• Leave a laptop on and running NasNavi, and then switch the unit to on
  • After it is fully started up, then let it rest in that state
  • Then turn the unit to 'auto'
  • make sure that NasNavi keeps it on
  • Then turn the laptop off

I will test what happens in this sequence and then report back on this thread as this seems to be the most relevent place to report.

If you have any ideas in the meanwhile, then I'd be interested to hear them.

Best regards,

Nitin

nitinsamani

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 05:57:18 AM »

Hello Jotin

I've now tested with the following scenario:

• Leave a laptop on and running NasNavi, and then switch the unit to on
  • After it is fully started up, then let it rest in that state
  • Then turn the unit to 'auto'
  • make sure that NasNavi keeps it on
  • Then turn the laptop off

When I do this the light on the NAS unit flashes as if it's going to turn off, it sits in this state forever, (well, I tested for about 30mins). Then I get inpatient and turn the unit to the 'off' position, it still continues to flash, (left it for another ~30mins). In the end I had to pull the plug :(

I repeated this a couple of times to make sure that it was consistant behaviour.

Please adise what I should try. I am tempted to downgrade to a f/w version where the 'auto' mode still works.

Best regards,

Nitin

nitinsamani

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »

Hello Jotin

Any response to this?

Best regards,

Nitin