Author Topic: Failure Browsing Shares in Windows 7 (0x80070035)  (Read 13539 times)

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Failure Browsing Shares in Windows 7 (0x80070035)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 11:12:53 PM »

@Jamensb,

Why would it be a bug in the 1.40 firmware if both you and I can browse the share folders successfuly on windows 7? Windows 7 has no issue either. Its something specific to his pc that is causing the conflict. I bet if he loaded up windows 7 on a seperate hard drive and left it stock then he would be able to access the shares no problem.

airborne

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 02:57:25 AM »

@Jotin

I do not believe this is something specific to the PC. I have 3 systems connected to the NAS: A laptop, two desktops (the two desktops have different mainboards, obviously also different hard drives). What is common to all of them: OS Win 7 prof., AVG 2011 Antivirus, all other network security settings are the same. The symptoms are all the same for all PCs: The NASNavi will wake-up the NAS, (b.t.w. with 1.40 firmware the time to boot the NAS is long, several minutes !, this was better with former firmeware, looks like an other issue). Typically, then after the NAS is booted I can see and access the share folders. But then after a while, can be several 10s of minutes or some hours, the connection and access is all sudden gone, typically during access when writing data  to the NAS (otherwise I would probably not notice). And, it does not really matter what the ntml settings are, consistent with what others write. So I do not buy the story with ntml settings, seems to be not relevant at all. The bad thing is, the last time this happened, during access and writing, after re-booting the NAS Webadmin says (Volume not formated ). It still sees  the NAS, sees the RAID 0 volume, however, lost the format information. This has nothing to do with the OS, antivirus, or firewall. Reading through the forum it seems to be not un-common that hard drive or RAID information is lost for this prduct. In any case, nothing is wrong with the format, I checked with UFC Explorer Professional, the RAID 0 can be rebuild and data can be accessed without any problem or re-formating. Thus it is definitely the NAS that lost the drives and RAID, maybe caused by the fact that access was interrupted suddenly (I could imagine that).

Was I re-build it I will check your suggestion with security essentials, but I doubt it. Why should antivirus cause it and why should microsoft security essentials be better in that ?

I noticed one thing however during NASNavi installation: I had it that right after NASNavi software installation once Win build in firewall pop-up telling that it blocked NasNavi. I found this weird, allowed access and checked the firwall setting: NASNavi has accesss to home and public network, the blocking did not show up again, but maybe there is something related to that I do not realize. Any clue why the firwall could have poped-up during/short after NASNavi install ?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »

Looks like firwmare 1.37 was re posted for some units. You might want to check your units downloads and follow FAQ 2 of 5 with that firmware. Windows firewall will pop up for most programs that use the internet or network resource. You just need to approve it. Most antivirus programs seem to block or filter some network resources and can black buffalo firmware updates and tftp boot programs. I recommend MSE because its good, made by the same people who made w7 and its non intrusive. 

cbarrett

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »

FWIW  -- Here's how I was able to browse the shares:

First of all, I am on a domain so when LinkStation would ask for a password it would default to the domain server for password verification.  So, I entered the user as follows: linkstationname\username along with the password and it still would not let me in.  After 2 hrs of trying everthing I tried this and it let me in: linkstationIP\username along with the password and it let me in.

In other words, I used the IP address instead of the Linkstation name.

Also, delete the credentials for the Linkstation in the Windows 7 user accounts:

Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager

This is where passwords are saved.  Let it create a new entry automatically.

rifkianto

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:45 AM »

Hi,

If you manage to map the drive .

Maybe you should try to use net use command. Format net use \\server_ip\share_folder <user password> /user:John_Doe. You could check the correct format with c:\net use /? . Than save it to .bat . You should add this command on tast schedule, create basic task. There is lot of option you could use to activate the command.

The advance process, you could play with login script on your AD server.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rifki

joedoaks

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »

I had this same problem. I tried the suggestions in this forum. At the end, still had the same basic problem. I could not browse (nor map) shares on the Terastation when in Windows7 but XP works perfectly. We have arcane and complex GPOs in our domain. I took the W7 laptop off the domain joined a workgroup and overrode GPOs and turned off firewall temporarily. None of this made any difference. Surprisingly, what finally worked for me was to UNINSTALL Symantec Endpoint antivirus. I haven't put another back yet but I also haven't accessed the web yet either. I needed to burn some large data files (stored on the TS) and the W7 laptop has a burner in it but the XP desktop does not have a burner. I see this thread is two years old, maybe someone found other solutions.