Author Topic: Web Access and Email Reports not setting up on Pro Duo LS-WV2.0  (Read 1718 times)

vince480

• Calf
Web Access and Email Reports not setting up on Pro Duo LS-WV2.0
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »

Hi there,

Just bought my second Buffalo NAS drive: Pro Duo LS-WV2.0TL/R1-EU

I have two problems which I believe are related, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I am trying to setup webaccess, however I can't seem to get past the first stage. The registering of my buffaloNas.com name comes back with the error: 'error accessing buffaloNas.com check internet settings'

2. The next issue is when I try to set up email status reporting. One I have put my smtp details in, I click send test message and it comes back with the error: 'Failed to send test message'

Now what is really frying my grey stuff, is that, my second buffalo NAS drive (a little older) LS-XHL 1.0 seems to run this functions absolutely fine! I recieve the status emails with no problem and the webaccess is all setup fine and I have accessed it with my iPhone!

Both NAS are running exactly the same firmware 1.37, have the same DTCP-IP number, but have different IP addresses. I have copied the email and webaccess settings identically from the LS-XHL to the LS-WV!

Any advice would be great!!

Thanks

Vince

vince480

• Calf
Re: Web Access and Email Reports not setting up on Pro Duo LS-WV2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 07:33:41 AM »

**UPDATE 1**

These two problems I seem to have resolved. I needed to update the DNS addresses under the network settings to match my router (a small oversight) on my part!!)

However a new problem seems to have raised it's self which I guess I better create a new thread for as I don't believe it is linked to the above previous problems which are now resolved (unless someone says otherwise).

jcastr

• Calf
Re: Web Access and Email Reports not setting up on Pro Duo LS-WV2.0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

You have to Forward whatever port you are entering as your SMTP port to the IP address of the NAS on your router. I got Gmail working only after I did that. The settings for Gmail are:

Notification: Enable

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

SMTP Port: 465

Authentication Type: LOGIN(SMTP-AUTH)?

SSL/TLS

Username: yourusername@gmail.com

Password: yourpassword

My NAS is using IP address: 192.168.0.3 so I forwarded port 465 to IP address 192.168.0.3 on the router settings.