Author Topic: Buffalo Terrastation Not found on network  (Read 2595 times)

dmsulliv

• Calf
Buffalo Terrastation Not found on network
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

Hi,

I am setting up my Buffalo Terrastation for the first time.  I have installed it in the rack, powered it up and connected it to one of my switches but when I run the software it does not find the unit.  The unit has the default IP addresss, 192.168.1.150 which of course does not correspond to my network.  I cannot get into the unit via the software to make any modifications.  I am sure I am doing something incorrect.  Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Danny

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo Terrastation Not found on network
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »

Bet bet at this point is to connect a PC directly to the TeraStation.  Set a static IP on the PC to 192.168.11.10 then login to the web interface go to Network, then disable the DHCP and set a static IP that fits your network.

Plug it back into the switch and you should be on line. 

deathshands

• Calf
Re: Buffalo Terrastation Not found on network
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »

Another option would be to Manually set the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.149 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

NOTE: Don't forget to write down the network settings of your computer before you do this.

then try the "BUFFALO NAS Navigator" to confirm it is online... then you can use a web browser to navigate to http://192.168.1.150

then you can change the address to match the IP address of your network.

don't forget to change your computer back to the original network settings.