Author Topic: Media Station brhc-6316u2 wont play blu rays or hd dvds properly with software included  (Read 6603 times)

boiling

• Calf
   The nero software will not play back the store bought movies properly.  I am using vista premium.  I have installed other trial softwares and they work, so its not the computer or the movies. Do you have the needed nero blu ray pluggin or any other solutions??

Paul

• Big Bull

Make sure your using the Nero Showtime player and that in Showtime he selects the BD drive (it defaults to looking in your internal DVD drive).

After that point we would need an error to assist you further

boiling

• Calf
   It is pointing to the blu ray device. Some blu rays fail to load other will have a message that says something like the resolution has been reduced due to ....... it flashed to quick to read. Then the playback is in black and white with double images. Also before the blu ray plays there is a message to make sure the I have the newest firmware. When trying to play in Nero Home essentials there is no playback at all and a message that says failed to play video.

boiling

• Calf
   Just tried again and now it is just saying cannot play dvd

Paul

• Big Bull
Do you have an HDMI capable video card on your pc?

boiling

• Calf

Of course I have HDMI....  But it won't play on the laptop screen either....  Like I said there is other software that works, just not the nero that was included, so its not my card or HDMI.  I have trial versions of software that works.  How come you now include Powerdvd with the newer external blu ray drives?  Powerdvd should work for me.  Can you give me that software instead?

boiling

• Calf

Oh and I have also read on other posts elsewhere, that nero required a blu ray pluggin to work and that the pluggin is no longer available.  Is this true?

Paul

• Big Bull

This is true for XP, however we offer a driver to fix that solution.  Let me pass this up to my corporate office.  I will get back to you via email.
thanks

boiling

• Calf
   OK, thank you!  I am running vista x 64 on my main machine I will also probably be using the drive on XP computers.  But primarily the Vista machine.  So if there are drivers for both operating systems let me know.  Again, thanks.

Paul

• Big Bull

Windows XP can't read Blu Ray discs at all. There's no Label listed inExplorer and when you select the drive, Explorer reports a read error.

To solve the problem, I've installed a UDF 2.x Driver from Toshiba 

Works fine with Blu Ray disks too,

UDF 2.5 Driver available at http://www.downloadsource.net/d16227/Toshiba-UDF25-File-System-Driver-for-HDDVD-Windows-XP/

From Blu-ray.com link is here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=21034

Might need to "trick" the install to get it to run on some machines, the instructions for this are here:http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15597

boiling

• Calf
   Thanks for that info.  Have you heard any word back about using it on the Vista 64 machine?  I noticed the links above were for xp machines.  Thanks.  If I cant get it to work on the Vista machine I am going to return it to the store.

Paul

• Big Bull
The hardware will work with vista, however we are working on a fix for the software now.