Author Topic: LS-XHL Flashing Blue  (Read 4494 times)

daoswald

• Buffalo
Re: LS-XHL Flashing Blue
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »

Quoted text:  

So i assume all of my data on the drive is considered a loss?

Data loss is preventable regardless of whether the drive itself is a loss.  Here are a few things to remember:

1:  If you fail to plan for hardware failure, you will lose data someday.

2:  If one of the Buffalo NAS's fails, and the hard drive is still ok, you can get at the data by connecting it to a Linux computer that understands XFS filesystems.  But that's not as convenient as having a backup.

3:  Buffalo NAS's make it easy to automate backups either to a USB device or to another NAS.

Sounds like you were able to get things going again, so this is a moot point, but I'm making it for future readers.

tritonman

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:05 AM »

Thanks to the instruction from H3LD3R/Buffalo I was able to get the NAS back up and running by forcing the power failure "mode"

I was able to get it into EM mode by plugging and unplugging the power until eventually the power LED remained lit. I could then "see" the NAS and force a Firmware update.

Thanks for everyones help on this!

arebun

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

Can someone help me, mine has been flashing blue for days. I have tried the switching off and on but no progress.  Frustrating thing is that there's no button on it so we can't reset or switch off except pulling the plug.  I can't get it to EM Mode nor update.