Author Topic: Web Access setup timing out LS-WVL/E  (Read 2761 times)

madmanmick

• Calf
Web Access setup timing out LS-WVL/E
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:38:43 AM »

Hi guys,

Just bought a Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo Chassis (LS-WVL/E) and am trying to setup web access. Everytime I try to enter the web access settings and click enable, the NAS says "Saving Data" for ages, then "Loading Data" and eventually times out, and none of the settings are saved. Whats up?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Web Access setup timing out LS-WVL/E
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:40:07 AM »

Haven't seen that before, I would recommend resetting it through the web interface.  If your still having issues try force updating the firmware:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-5-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

madmanmick

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »

I already have v1.37 firmware, which is the latest. Is it possible to use the NAS Navigator software to enable Web Access rather than the web interface? Alternately, is there a way to extend the duration of a login to the web interface before it automatically logs you out?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:01 AM »

I assume you have tried the simple stuff like testing it on a second broswer and PC?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »

"I already have v1.37 firmware, which is the latest."

Correct, but a force update can ensure that we aren't having any software inconsistancies (like with the interface).  Unfortunately I am not finding a way to set it up through the NASNAVI (though I hardly ever use it).

I would also heed Davo's advise.  Simply trying a different browser and/or computer can tell you much about where the problem lies.  It could be flash or a configuration for all we know.

Simple sounding solutions can often be the correct ones

madmanmick

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »

I've tried different browsers, I'll give different PCs a go.

madmanmick

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

Different PCs dont work either. Going to try forcing the firmware update.

madmanmick

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 11:06:04 PM »

Ok I did a force firmware update, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. Do I need to forward any ports in the router to the NAS?

madmanmick

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »

Btw, when I try to enable WebAccess it sits on Saving Data for a couple of minutes, then proceeds to Loading Data but never finishes... pretty sure its timing out.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:56:53 AM »

Yes you need to forward ports for web access, but if they aren't forwarded it should still allow you to make the configuration changes.  If the force firmware update doesn't help then there isn't any more troubleshooting steps that I can give you for issues with the web interface.  I would call support.

vchung916

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »

I have the same issue too. It takes forever with "Saving Data" when I tried to save the config for webaccess. Tried both easy and advance setup.

My model is LS-WVL/R1 series. My firmware is 1.40

surethom

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »

Totally agree the web access is so so slow almost useless.

davemick

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »

I'm having the same problem, even with a FAST internet connection (20Mb up and 67Mb down).

Only got the device two days ago, but I've tried a number of times now with the same result.

Very surprised that it's not necessary to setup an account/name on buffalonas.com before setting up webaccess to use it - I was beginning to wonder if it was timing out because someone else was already using the name I selected.

It would be nice to get some comments from someone who HAS got it working!