Author Topic: .jpg / MediaServer / LS-WXL2.0TBL Thumbnails / open very slow or didnīt work (PS3 or LG TV (DLNA)  (Read 4571 times)

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Hello,

my problem as follows:

With the mediaserver of the Linkstation, it is possible to stream Music and Videos without any Problems, works fine on both devices (PS3 and LG TV). But pictures (always .jpg) it is impossible to show them on both devices. On the PS3 itīs lasting about a Minute to thumbnail 1 Picture (10 megapixels, about 4-5 MB filesize), but after the thumbnail is shown up, the Fullscreen displaying is fast and ok.

Otherwise on the LG-TV: The Linkstation is shown up properly, i can browse through the Folders, music and videos are working fine. Pictures browsing is ok too, time to show the thumbnails about 5-10 seconds (slow but ok...) Fullscreen doesnīt work at all. In Fullscreen It shows a thumbnail picture in size 120x104 (or so) pixels and itīs not the thumbnail of the picture, only a preview picture from the TV i think with a dash in it.

Any suggestions what the problem is?

I found a solution in a similar thread, there it says change some code in the twonkey mediaserver n the LS. But on port 9050 i canīt get a connection because of 404 error (not found)

I use firmware 1.34 (downloaded 1.37 yesterday, but didnīt upgrade till now) Do i have to re-format my RAID-1 after installing the new firmware?

Greetings from Germany

deaconfrost78

• Calf
Hello, Firmware 1.37 fixes this problem. Thanks

deaconfrost78

• Calf
how nice! I got the same issue like http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Duo-LS-WXL-media-server-issue/m-p/47000 Now the mediaserver is again slow as hell! (Only pictures! on PS3) Plz help! Its really necessary!

deaconfrost78

• Calf
This is annoying! Today it worked fine, and now, after getting rid of this f***ing issue with the DTCP-IP Client its again slow and doesnīt display any of my pictures on my TV, too. Not only the PS3 isnīt working anymore...

deaconfrost78

• Calf

I donīt need that DTCP-IP-Function. How can i get rid of it?

Because the problem is since i updated the DTCP-IP-Function... Is there a way to turn it off? Plz advise.

Sorry for my doubleposts, iīve got noscript-addon and didnīt allow lithium, so i donīt find the edit function

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Is there anyone out there who can help me? Also the PS3 brings up DLNA-Erros since iīve done that sh**y update of that DTCP-IP-cake, and donīt show me all files. It was all fine and now such a mess. :-(

sethz

• El Toro

Try doing a factory reset on the unit, this will not harm data

-Go into the web interface

-Click on System

-Click "Restore/Initialize"

-Click "Restore Linkstation"

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Ok iīll do. It doesnīt harm on Raid1 either? Because factory default is Raid0?

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Ok done, and nothing changes. I think itīs a problem with this DTCP-IP-Function. Because after upgrading to Firmware 1.37 it all worked fine, only this error message in the Mediaserver-Configuration-Site. After getting rid of this error, the much bigger problem is there again, like my first posting in this threat.

Itīs really annoying, should i try reflashing the firmware and donīt update this dtcp-ip-function? What do you think? Itīs a very important function to me.

Why do i need this dtcp-ip-function? Can i disable this? I donīt need it, without it the LS is working fine!

JoshC

• Big Bull

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Hi Josh,

like iīve posted, this is not the resolve, itīs the problem. WITHOUT that DTCP-IP-Function, it all works well. AFTER updating the DTCP-IP the problem persists. And it persists till today.

Thatīs why i want to turn the DTCP-IP-function OFF. (The Error-Message in the web-configuration-page doesnīt matter to me, if its finally running good then)

Is there a way to do this?

drmemory

• Big Bull

The DTCP function is required for DLNA.

We need another detail: please check the full firmware version in the admin screen, it should look like this:

Firmware version:

(DTCP-IP:1.40-20101129) 

If the DTCP is showing a FW less than 1.40-20101129, you have two options - reboot the system, or in the MediaServer window, click on the "update DTCP-IP button.

If it does not update, please reply back here with the full version of FW, including the DTCP version.

The models listed below support the new automatic downloadof DLNA updates and with this feature you can now see the version in the webadmin screen Example below

LS-WSXL

LS-XHL

LS-VL

LS-WVL

LS-WXL

deaconfrost78

• Calf

OK, i will check this, when iīm back at home. But i think i can remember it was (DTCP-IP:1.40-20101129)

Otherwise, like iīve posted before, it is working fine WITHOUT that function enabled. After FW-Upgrade to 1.37 the DTCP-Function was not set properly, because of no DNS-Server-Adress set. The only thing that was annoying was the error-message that appeared if clicked on "Media Server". This one i had fixed, and now the Media-Server again is slow as hell and/or donīt work properly (DLNA-Failures and so on)

For me, it seems, i donīt need that DTCP thing. Without it was ok...

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Ok itīs the (1.40-20101129), and now? What is to do...

deaconfrost78

• Calf

Finally, all is working well again (Without the DTCP-IP-Function working!)

I forceflashed firmware 1.37 and did NOT update the DTCP-IP-Function. No more DLNA-Errors, all is working fine and fast. The errormessage in the Media-Server doesnīt matter to me, this thing will NEVER be updated (in my case)

From now on, again, browsing through Folders, Play, Show... all is working again.

Cheers

Joe