Author Topic: Nova Backup v.12 upgrade  (Read 14091 times)

Paul_VK

• Calf
Re: Nova Backup v.12 upgrade
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 04:15:49 AM »

I've updated to v12 and now I've started to get the "Error e001000b" problem and my backup will not run.

If there's a known fix could somebody post a link to it please?

jordaj3

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »

The only way I have been able to get the Terastation to work correctly with the NovaStor software is to map a drive using the ip address instead of using the netbios name of the NAS.  Not a great solution but a workaround none the less.

pbwall

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »

Nate,

Thanks for the response.  I guess what your response is saying is that you (NovaStor) and buffalo need to talk a little more because that's exactly what they told me. 

Just requested my upgrade and we'll see how it goes.

7tronics

• Calf
Nova Backup v11 license and trial version
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »

On one of my backup clients (there are 4), I inadvertently installed the Trial version of v11 NovaBACKUP Pro client from NovaBACKUP website. This trial version is setup and have it working fine to new Linkstation Duo 2x1TB NAS.

Now I have 3 days before the trial ends and I can't find any way to apply the license key to the running version.

? Is there any way to apply the client license to this trial version, or do I have to uninstall the trial version and install the image from BuffaloTech?

Thanks, Mark

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Nova Backup v11 license and trial version
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 03:46:45 AM »
You need to uninstall the trial version and install the verion (that is pre licenced) that came with your linkstation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

whodatRX7

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »

Mark,

You may be correct about the NovaBACKUP application as I do not heve the exact experience with this application, but I have yet to see where a vendor does not allow a way to apply a purchased license to a trial/demonstration application.

Under my version, v12 that is, see if you have the following menu items.. Either \Help\Registration or \Help\License. For me,they both poiint to the same location. Perhaps you might need to register the trial version, if you had not done so. Then, perhaps, you will beable to access a page to input the license. Even whne I purchased my LinkStation Mini in January 2011, I had to request licenses from NovaStor. I started with V11, but then upgraded to the v12.

Even if you do need to uninstall the trial version, just be sure to not delete any settings, scripts, etc. Those should be picked up upon the new installation.

Hope this helps.

R/

John

7tronics

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:42 PM »

Thanks for the one answer about uninstalling. Because I bought my Linkstation Duo after November 2010, NovaStor granted me a free 5 license, NovaBACKUP v12 5 license upgrade! Note that the .net 3.5 upgrade package that was a pre-req was a lot larger (250MB) and took a lot longer to install than the NovaBACKUP v12 package itself (160MB).

Best, Mark 

7tronics

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »

On one other desktop PC, my wife had installed the downloaded NovaBACKUP v11 and installed it as a trial copy. Given the suggestion above, I tried applying one of the the registration license keys from v12 registration to V11, under Help ->License. It worked! I still intend to upgrade that client to v12, but there is no hurry now (it had 2 days left!)

Best, Mark

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 08:19:10 AM »

So, as a new user, what do I do?  Do I download from the Buffalo site here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/validate/?MTkyfExTX1NldHVwLU5CLVByb2YtMTEuMS4xNC56aXA=?

or version 12 at Novastor?  What do I install first?

Also, will I have the ability to wake up the comouter to do the back-up?  I let my computers sleep at night.  Thanks!

7tronics

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »

Here is a summary of my experiences with the Buffalo Linkstation and NovaBACKUP:

• if you install the Buffalo NASNavigator, then install the downloadable version of NovaBACKUP v11, then you get a licensed copy. You can do this on up to 5 clients.
  • if you put the information on your Linkstation S/N and receipt on the NovaStor site if purchased Nov 2010 or later, then NovaStor will send you 5 additional v12 licenses 
  • IF you had any trouble installing v11 above and got the "Trial License" popup messages, using these client licenses will work on V11 clients
  • the V12 packaging appears to be an upgrade package for upgrading V11 clients. I haven't tried to install the V12 client separate from having v11 installed first.

Best, Mark

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »

Thanks!  Can you illuminate of waking up the computer question?