Author Topic: Nova Backup v.12 upgrade  (Read 14093 times)

RolexJohn

• Calf
Nova Backup v.12 upgrade
« on: December 15, 2010, 05:07:25 AM »

Greetings - I recently purchased the  Buffalo LinkStation LS-Q4.0TL/R5 which shipped with Nova Backup v. 11.  I enquired as to how I could upgrade to version 12 (the latest) and was told by Nova that begining on 12/15 I would be able to obtain a free upgrade from Buffalo.

Can someone let me know the proceedure for receiving the upgrade?

THANKS!

-John

bap

• Calf
Re: Nova Backup v.12 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:39:20 PM »

Same problem here.... I wanted the new version and no way to get it. So I converted my backup program to Acronis True Image Home. Works really great. Nova has not caught up to a lot of their features.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »

as far as i'm aware Buffalo only has an agreement for version 11, nothing about version 12 (as of today anyways)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

RolexJohn

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 08:03:26 AM »

Why can't we get some sort of response from Buffalo here??  :smileysad:

sethz

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

Davo is right. Buffalo currently deals in v11.

RolexJohn

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »

Wow...it only took like 6 weeks to get a response from a representative of Buffalo.  :smileysurprised:

NOT impressed.  Nor am I impressed with getting conflicting information from Buffalo representatives on this topic, or the fact that an upgrade isn't offered from Buffalo. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »

RolexJohn wrote:

Wow...it only took like 6 weeks to get a response from a representative of Buffalo.  :smileysurprised:

NOT impressed.  Nor am I impressed with getting conflicting information from Buffalo representatives on this topic, or the fact that an upgrade isn't offered from Buffalo. 

where exactly is the conflict? One representative said one thing. And again, why should an upgrade be offered? Its like aggreeing to buy a 2litre car and bitching about the fact that when a 2.5litre model becomes available that you are not given a free upgrade.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

GAtkins

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »

RolexJohn

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »

I was told by a phone representative that the upgrade would indeed be available from Buffalo.

Buying cars and software aren't analogous at all.  Typically when hardware comes with software, your license is considered no different than if you would have purchased the software product independently.  That's clearly not the case here, and it's a disappointment.  Particularly when I was told by a Buffalo phone rep that a free upgrade would be available. 

RolexJohn

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 06:54:05 AM »

Wow...this is laughable.  So there IS a free upgrade...as there should be.  And as I was told by the phone rep I spoke with.  Thankfully there are some informed members here.  'Preciate the link!

moose

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

Just go to the Novastor website . There you will find a link to apply for the upgrade. They will then supply you with a link and information to download the upgrade to version 12.  Having said that, I think that using it maybe a mistake because I have never been able make it work as described..   It just keep repeating the same error over and over.

--- Errors ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Error e001000b: The specified media could not be written to. - Job processing failure

Contacted Novastor and they sent me some additional instructions. Their online help and forms have shed no light on the subject. Still have the same error on all 3 machines. I am using windows 7 32 bit on desktop, windows7 64bit on laptop and windows vista home premium 32 bit on other laptop.   I am also using a buffalo wzr--hp-g300nh router and the buffalo linkstationpro ls-v1.0tl.. I have also contacted Buffalo but so far no response. If anyone has any ideas I am open for suggestions.

pbwall

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »

Assuming you've heard but for those that are looking for some answers.   There is a known problem according to Buffalo Tech support that Novastor is working through with regards to V. 12 and terastations.  So, until they solve that, not recommended to go to v. 12.

Nate

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 05:27:17 PM »

The above is incorrect, there is 0 know issues with any of the buffalo products, particularly the TeraStations with NovaBACKUP 12.0.  I should know, as I work for NovaStor.  :)

Nathan Fouarge

giant

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »

Hey Nate, thanks for taking the time to sign up and respond here. I am glad you are willing to take the time to stick around and answer some questions as well.. :smileywink: If there truly is no issue with your product, as you have said, why is the second most popular search query on your knowledgebase "error 001000b" (second only to "an in"). This information is reported at the bottom of the search results page on your own site. Its obvious people are having this issue, and coming to you for support. Why is there no article on the subject?

I am having this issue on my Windows 7 x86 machine as well. On the device tab my buffalo NAS does not even show up; is it supposed to? I am fairly sure it was there when I first installed the software, and before I changed the name on the NAS. The Buffalo NASNavigator2 software talks to the hardware just fine, and I can move/copy/delete files to the shares from windows without any issues.

giant

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 09:03:30 AM »

Just wanted to post a followup on my issue. After upgrading to version 12 of the Novastor software, my windows backups seem to be working normally. I filled out the form at http://www.novastor.com/buffalo/, and received a response within 24 hours with a download link and 5 license keys.