Author Topic: Win 7 OS w/HD-CX1.0TU2  (Read 1434 times)

mactoolsix

• Calf
Win 7 OS w/HD-CX1.0TU2
« on: December 14, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »

I have an external HDD #HD-CX1.0TU2 that worked fine with XP.  I now have Win 7 and can't even load the DriveNavi system.  By changing the Removal Policy to Better Performance (thru the device mgr) I an able to retrive files from the HDD.   Will the latest 11-05-09 Windows Utility version 1.1 download fix this problem, or do I need to purchase a new external HD? 

Thanks,

Mike

ShojoBakunyu

• Calf
Re: Win 7 OS w/HD-CX1.0TU2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:06:53 PM »

Let me ask a question for clarity: When you plug the External Hard Drive into your Win7 Computer and go into My Computer, do you see “CD Drive (Letter:) Utility_HD-CXU2”?

If you double click on that, does it auto run the Drive Navigator?

If not, can you Right Click> Open and have access to the contents? Can you see DriveNavi.exe?

Double Click that and see if it will start the program and at least let you enter in the password.

That is what I have to do with mine. Once I enter in the password from there, I can access the Hard Drive just like any other drive I have connected to the computer.

You need to go into the "CD Drive" file structure and run the programs from there. 

They won't let you install anything on Win7, but you shoudl be able to access the drive. (At least, I can when I do that.)

I hope this helps!