Author Topic: LS-QL: Network and powerbutton issues  (Read 1373 times)

orion76

• Calf
LS-QL: Network and powerbutton issues
« on: December 07, 2010, 05:20:16 AM »

Hello

I recently purchased a LinkStation Quad LS-QL fw.v: 1.11

I have two issues with the device:

1: The device works fine but after a few hours of operation the LS seems to lose its network connection. It can no longer be found with NASNavigator2, web access no longer works, and the green LED above the ethernet port stays on w/o blinking (as opposed to blinking rapidly when online). The blue power LED and green HDD LEDs stay on w/o blinking.

I have tried different network cable, different ports, different routers, disabling DHCP on both LS and on router, connecting directly to PC etc. all without success. The issue keeps recurring.

It seems the only way to get the NAS back online is to turn it off and on again, which leads to my second issue.

2: The power switch does not turn off the device.

When the device is off, the LS will power on after pressing the power button. Once turned on however, the power button does not seem to work. I have tried holding it for up to a minute and waited for 10+ minutes to get a response, nothing happens and the power LED does not respond in any way (remains blue w/o blinking).

The only way to turn off the device seems to be to pull out the power cord.

The result of these 2 issues combined is that I would have to pull out the power plug every few hours to restart the NAS and get it back online again, which I am sure is not good for my data.

Is there some secret trick to powering off the device that I am not getting? Or does it sound like a defect?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LS-QL: Network and powerbutton issues
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »

Your doing it correctly. It sounds like it could be a defect. I would try flashing the firmware to 1.10 using faq 2 of 5. If that doesnt work I would seek an rma. 

cxxxkies

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

HI,

Im also having same scenario on my new LS-QL

LinkStation Quad LS-QL fw.v: 1.11

1 x HDD 

purchased few weeks back.

will try to flash the firmware as suggested

pzimny

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

What is the rational behind flashing the firmware from 1.11 backward to 1.10?