Author Topic: Web adminstration is now Japanese and I cannot sign-in or reset password  (Read 1067 times)

chymaera

• Calf

HS-DHTGL16F, firmware 2.14

Some time ago I flashed my BIOS and the next time I tried to sign in to the Browser Management, it was in Japanese.  I've tried every possible password combo, from col a and b

user name         password

---------------         ---------------

admin                 [none]

administrator    password

root                     root

I've also tried all the passwords I think I may have come up with from my standard habits. 

I've tried to use the TerStation client utility to change the IP address, because this has a pass challenge without a user, so it's a faster way to check all the passes I can imagine.

I recently reflashed the bios again, ran the original and the most recent installer for the softwares, and used the reset button, and tried every possible thing I can think of as a non IT user, and I'm not getting anywhere. 

I need to be able to sign into the browser manager and change the language back to english.

I moved all my data off, so this is not a problem.

Can anyone offer a solution?  I've read a number of articles here and tried all the things I think I've seen that are relevant, including the /force option on the firmware, etc.

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Web adminstration is now Japanese and I cannot sign-in or reset password
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »

"admin" for the username and password is "password".