Author Topic: Linkstation Pro - Restarting and no access  (Read 1182 times)

willid

• Calf
Linkstation Pro - Restarting and no access
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »

I have a LS-XHL that is no longer accessible via NAS Navigator2 etc.

When switched on the status LED blinks constantly (very quickly - no pattern) and the fan sounds like it turns on for a few seconds, then off.  I can hear the drive working (intermittent, not constantly as it would if you were copying data etc.). 

After approx 12 minutes the drive powers down on it's on for a second (all lights off) before powering back on again.  This happens repeatedly, although I haven't timed multiple sequences or left it doing this for more than an hour.  The drive does this regardless of whether the power is set to 'Auto'  or 'On'.  Powering the drive off works as it should.

Initialization using the function switch has no effect and the drive reverts to the above pattern after initialization sequence finishes.

The HD does not sound like it is crashing.

Any suggestions much appreciated.  Thanks.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro - Restarting and no access
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »

It  sounds like it could be a defective unit. You could try to see if you could start a tftp boot to it using the faq 3 of 5. It could be in tftp mode and restarting after it never receives any tftp request. 

willid

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro - Restarting and no access
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:48:33 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately I can't get the unit to go into EM Mode so it won't tftp boot.  After switching on with the function button pressed, releasing and then pressing again does not stop the lights from flashing rapidly, no matter how long I hold the function button for.  The drive does spin up however as soon as the button is pressed again.