Author Topic: Cannot update LS-CHL500L V2 firmware  (Read 2700 times)

whassupbud55

• Calf
Cannot update LS-CHL500L V2 firmware
« on: December 07, 2010, 02:50:46 AM »

I have the LS-CH500L V2 with firmware 1.24. I have Webaccess i HD installed on my iPad but it says that because I have version 2.2 webaccess, I cannot use it. So I am trying to update the firmware.

I have chosen the available downloads for my product LS-CHL Linkstation Live and downloaded versions 1.34 and 1.37. When I run the LSUpdater it say's "Searching LS-GL" then tells me "LS-GL that needs updating was not found"?? What am I doing wrong? I am using Windows 7 to do the update.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

whassupbud55

• Calf
Re: Cannot update LS-CHL500L V2 firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »

Sorted now. Cheers!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:03:32 AM »

Care to share how you resolved the issue? It might help others in the long run.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

DiddyMan

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

I seem to have a similar problem. I can't get the update, version from 1.33 to 1.37, to work. I've followed the advice from other postings to force an update and it still doesn't upgrade. The reason to upgrade is the LS-CHL keeps disconnecting from the network

My setup is: LS-CHL1.0TL V2 firmware ver 1.33 connected(hard wired) to Dlink router. My PC is running XP Pro SP3: AthlonXP 200+, 1.5GB RAM

Will the upgrade help resolve the disconnections ? or is there something else I need to do

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »

Did you try faq 2 of 5? The firmware upgrade should solve these issues. At what point does the update fail? 

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »

DiddyMan,

Make sure your AV/Firewall is disabled, and make sure our Nas Navigator software is not running in your system tray when you try to update, also try starting your PC up in Safe Mode with networking to ensure no programs are affecting communication with the LS.

DiddyMan

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 02:25:51 PM »

When I run Lsupdater, it sees the drive, searches it and then nothing, just the initial window you get when you run the uploader. Yes I've followed the details in faq 2of5. I've turned off firewall and antivirus. the initial screen gives me the correct Host name, Workgroup, Ip address, subnetmask and MAC. The firmware version is 1.33-1.81. When I click on "Update" I get the old and new version numbers and enter the correct password I click OK and get "Waiting for a response from the linkstation" and this is followed by "searching the Linkstation" and then I am back on the first screen, nothing has happened.

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 02:35:10 PM »

DiddyMan,

Is it possible for you to connect the Linkstation directly (via ethernet) to your PC?  You would need to set a static IP address on the PC, so that it is in the same IP range as your Linkstation.  If your Linkstation is not set to a static IP, you can find the IP address it is at by using our Nas Navigator software.

DiddyMan

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »

Hi CapnSmith

Yes I can connect direct from my network card on the pc direct to the Linkstation. Will I need a crossover network cable or will the normal straight type be OK?

When the Linkstation is connected over the Network via the router my PC AND THE linkstation have the same address range and subnet mask

Thanks for helping I'm learning a lot, no need to chuck it out of window just yet!

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »

DiddyMan,

The LinkStation has an auto-sensing ethernet port, so you can use a normal straight-thru ethernet cable to connect them.

You should configure the PC like this:

Assuming your Linkstation is set to an IP of 192.168.11.10, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, you set your PC to have an IP address of 192.168.11.9 or .11, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.  Don't worry about the Default Gateway when you set it up this way, its not important in this situation.

DiddyMan

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »

Hi CapnSmith,

That fixed it, thanks very much, on Nasnavigator it now shows firmware version 1.37. All original network connections restored ok, once more thanks

John