Author Topic: Linkstation LS-QL/R5 Possible failed hard drive  (Read 1626 times)

voyd

• Calf
Linkstation LS-QL/R5 Possible failed hard drive
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »

Yesterday I lost connectivity to my Linkstation Quad LS-QL/R5. When I try to access my shares I am getting access denied. I have spent about 4 hours on trying to regain access to my data. I have ran Disk Check, Maintenance. I have also tried restoring defaults. Here is a copy of my most recent status report:

Activity Report

[LinkStationInformation]
 LinkStationName
: LS-QLE42
 Time
: 2010/12/05 12:00:03
 IP Address
: 10.0.0.9
 Setting Screen
: http://10.0.0.9/
 Running Time
 : 01:10:32

[HDD Usage Status]

[DISK error status]
 DISK1  0
 DISK2  0
 DISK3  0
 DISK4  0

The daily reports do not say which drive may have failed. When I power on the device, I notice that the red LED flashing sequence is 1 solid 4 fast which according to the LED guide means that there is a drive failure. How do I go about determining which drive has failed without losing my data?

Forgot to mention I updated firmware to 1.10

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation LS-QL/R5 Possible failed hard drive
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »

Actually that sounds more like 

E14Can not mount RAID array X

You should be able to get more info on that red light error by opening the nas navi and highlighting over the icon for the unit. It should state what the error is. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »

If it is indeed E14 then the RAID itself is the issue, you will more than likely have to delete/recreate the RAID.

This will result in the data being erased so you will need to refer to your backup.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

voyd

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »
I have verified that the RAID is the issue. All drives tested fine. I am in the process of seeing if I can recover the data using Knoppix, but it doesn't look good. Will do what I can to try to recover the data, but most likely it is gone. Too bad I staged the data on the Linkstation while I was rebuilding my windows home server. I have had the Linkstation for 2 1/2 years and this is the first issue I have had with it. It is unfortunate timing for me to have my first issue.