Author Topic: LInkStation LS-500GL Not responding / No Share  (Read 2822 times)

Abaris

• Calf
LInkStation LS-500GL Not responding / No Share
« on: December 05, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »

Hello

I have just had a problem with my LinkStation Pro 500 (LS-500GL), it has disappeared from my network.

Until this happened the NAS was accesable from the PC without any issues for the last year

I am using the following Equipment:

Windows Home Premium 64bit, fully patched

Netgear WGR614v9 router

Wired connections

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (v9.3.037.000)

I have tried the following both with ZoneAlarm running and not.

I have tried to re-connect with the Buffalo NAS Client Utility (v1.0) - After Searching for "TeraStation and Linkstation", the following is displayed:

Host Name L'S-GAL.-EMBED

Workup UNKNOWN

IP Address  192.168.1.5

Subnet mash 255.255.255.0

MAC Address 00:16:01:41:59:OF

Firmware -----

During the Search the link/act LED flashed on the NAS

The MAC address displayed matches the MAC address on the NAS box

I have tried "View Shares" button on the Buffalo NAS client utility, I get the message:

Network can not be found

Confirm network cable and connection

the link/act LED flashes on the NAS during this operation

I have tried connecting to the Web interface using Firefox (http://192.168.1.1/), all I get is "Unable to connect"

I have tried connect using the Buffalo NAS Client Utility (v1.0), using Setup/Configuration Settings, this brings up Internet explorer, displaying "Internet Explorer can not display the web page"

I have tried pinging the NAS, and I get the following

Reply from 192.168.1.5: bytes=32 time<1ms TT:=64   (*4)

Ping stats = packets sent 4, received 4, lost 0,min 1ms,max 1ms, avg 1ms

I have replaced the Network cable

The NAS is not showing up on the Network connected to the computer

Lookingforward to any help and advice

Matt

deg

• Calf
Re: LInkStation LS-500GL Not responding / No Share
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »

Hi Matt,

Just wondering if you ever found an answer. I've just had exactly the same problem with my LS-500GL. I'm seeing the device with ping, but it is not exposing any TCP ports, and therefore is not serving files nor responding to the web interface.  I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

David

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »

Well it looks like the original posters unit was in EM mode so he needed to reinstall the firmware. Basically if you cannot access the web admin page nor map the shares then it is probably in EM mode.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

deg

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

(sorry about delay; had an inopportune -- but wonderful -- vacation and just got back)

I'm not familiar with "EM mode". What is it, and how do I return to regular mode.

As far as I can tell, my unit failed in response to a short power failure and brownout.  Does it make sense that this would toss it into EM Mode?

Meanwhile for what it's worth, I have successfully removed the disk from the unit and recovered all data. But, it would be nice to get the NAS box working again; the LinkStation was much faster than the NAS unit I've replaced it with.

David