Author Topic: how to over write backup files?  (Read 7502 times)

lv4the1

• Calf
how to over write backup files?
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:17:07 AM »

I have Drive Station HD-HBU2 150 gb.  How can I set the backup function to over write previous files?  If not possible, must I delete previous files periodically?

My drive was suddenly full of 2 years of backup files.  I am currently deleting manually.

Thanks

Lv4the1

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: how to over write backup files?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

Depending on what type of back up software you are running, it will be an option in there to overwrite.

What software are you using to back up your PC?

lv4the1

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »

Hi Paul, Thanks for responding.  I used the software included "Drive Station Navagator".  My platform is Windows XP.  I have already installed Power Utility. Disk Backup utility and Disk Formater.  I was regularly backing up to the drive "K"  and Power saved as well.  I feel like I have missed something and can find no info on this subject.

THANKS!

Carroll Ann

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:22 AM »

Have you tried the Memeo Program that came with the buffalo product?  Its very efficient and easy to use.  You can down load a key at memeo.com/products and if you call or email buffalo support they will issue you a key at no cost.

lv4the1

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

Thank you Paul, I will attempt this and let you know!

THANKS!!!

Carroll Ann

lv4the1

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »

Hi Paul, I did download the Memeo trial today and so far so good. I really LOVE that Memeo operates without my intervention.  If I decide to purchase the full version, should I uninstall ANY part of the Buffalo utilities?  Should I simply remove the file names from the list?  The Memeo setup asked my "keep "3" versions of backup files"  Does this mean that Memeo will continually overwrite/discard backup files and keep only a set # of versions?  Do I need to keep/use Buffalo Disk Formater?.  Should I disable the Power Saver utility so Memeo can operate?

Thanks for all your advice!

Carroll Ann

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »

If you email info@buffalotech.com they will send you the key for a full version.  I would keep all of the buffalo utilities installed.  For further memeo support please call 866-338-1194 or use there email support on there site memeo.com