Author Topic: Playing music through WebAccess  (Read 12702 times)

80s_Fan

• Calf
Playing music through WebAccess
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »

Hello:

I have a new  LinkStation Live unit (LS-CHL78F). I set it up for WebAccess today which seems to be working alright. In the manual, it says:

Clicking on individual files will give you other options, depending on the filetype. Clicking on the Audio link at the bottom left corner of the page will give you options for playing music files, including the opportunity to launch a Flash-based music player that will stream your audio files directly through the Web interface.

When I click on an MP3 file, I do not see an audio link in the bottom left corner (or anywhere else). I do see a preview button which will play the song but it seems to cut out if I click on an image preview so I don't know how useful this would be. 

Anyone else have this problem? Where is the audio link? It would be great to play MP3 like this.

Thanks.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Playing music through WebAccess
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »

I will have this tested on a US version, I will also pass your request to our corporate office.

What version of the firmware are you running and what region did you purchase this in?

80s_Fan

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »

Hi Paul:

Thanks.

I am in the U.S. I upgraded my firmware, just in case. So right now, I am using 1.01.

Please let me know. I'd like to be able to use this feature.

Thanks.

pholt1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:02:58 AM »
   How do you save the music file????  Lets say I am at work and want to save the file to my desktop.  How would I download it?  Would it be best to set and FTP site?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
FTP is going to work as well but with web access you can open the file then save it to your PC.

groovyslick

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:00:45 AM »

I have a new linkstation EZ using version 2.2 on buffalonas and would also like to stream my mp3s but I dont see an option either.

what  do I need to do?

thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »
   Can cannot stream music with the linkstation EZ because it doesnt have a media sever.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vinny67

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »

I have the same issue as the original poster.  Is there a solution for this?  I have a brand new Linkstation Pro Duo with firmware 3.05.

vinny 

80s_Fan wrote:

Hello:

I have a new  LinkStation Live unit (LS-CHL78F). I set it up for WebAccess today which seems to be working alright. In the manual, it says:

Clicking on individual files will give you other options, depending on the filetype. Clicking on the Audio link at the bottom left corner of the page will give you options for playing music files, including the opportunity to launch a Flash-based music player that will stream your audio files directly through the Web interface.

When I click on an MP3 file, I do not see an audio link in the bottom left corner (or anywhere else). I do see a preview button which will play the song but it seems to cut out if I click on an image preview so I don't know how useful this would be. 

Anyone else have this problem? Where is the audio link? It would be great to play MP3 like this.

Thanks.

80s_Fan

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
   Nope, I never heard any more on it. I think its odd that the book clearly states there is a link and a flash-based application that there clearly is not.

vinny67

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »

Weird.  I found that page in the manual, and you can even see the "Audio" link in the picture.

Any comment, Buffalo folks?

This is the last thing I need to get working before my Linkstation becomes my favorite object in the Universe....

vinny67

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:39:16 PM »

The marketing literature says the feature exists as well!

http://www.buffalotech.com/technology/our-technology/web-access/

"And best of all, there are built in features like a Flash based player to stream audio files from your LinkStation right over the Internet."

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »
We're working on fixing that glaring omission. Sorry folks, but it should be fixed in a firmware update soon.

Richardpac

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 05:40:23 PM »

Has this problem been fixed in firmware 1.07?

Thanks,

Richard

woodleg

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
   I've just managed to get the web access feature set up on my linkstation thanks to some very helpful hints on this forum but now it doesn't stream my music even with the firmware update (1.07) which is extremely disappointing as this was the main reason I bought the linkstation... bad times.

AirKilroy

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 10:30:22 AM »

LS-XHL (1.03)

I do not have the option for the "java music player."  When will this be fixed?