Author Topic: Lost Connection HS-DH1000GL  (Read 4332 times)

bwritt

• Calf
Re: Lost Connection HS-DH1000GL
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »

Reset IP to 192.168.1.150 then reconncted to network. Couldn't locate through Navi, Windows Explorer, or browser window.

When you say 'after it's all rebooted' do you want me to connect to te network, power off and restart?

bwritt

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »

After setting the IP on the drive to one that matches my network (192.168.1.150 - as suggested), I reconnected the drive to the network but was unable to locate it through Navi, Windows explorer, or a browser (Firefox) using the IP address. Clicking on the Start button and usin the 'Run' command failed as well.

I went ahead and pressed the reset button on the back of the drive to reconnect it to the network. It rebooted but returned to an IP tat is not on my network (169.254.222.226). I don't know where that IP address is coming from.

When I have it connected directly to my laptop I am able to access the drive and copy files to and from.

Where is it getting the IP from when all of the other devices are getting it from the FiOS router? I have 2 computers, a PS3, and a Kodak wireless frame on the network.

I'm truly baffled on this.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »

a 169 ip address is an auto generated ip address. I would try attatching it back to your pc and updating the firmware. Something is really strange about that whole situation. Do you have any router you could possibly try as well?

bwritt

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »

I updated the firmware already but will try it again. I don't have another router to try; The FiOS router/modem connects right to their interface in my house so I don't know how to work around it.

All of my other devices connect OK to the router (both wired and wireless - iPad, iPhones, wireless photo frame, desktop CAT-5, & laptop CAT-5 and wireless.

The only things I can think of that set this in motion would be improper shutoff or that I converted a video file from Sony AVCHD to MPEG4.

Those are the only things that transpired prior to the drive disconnecting.

bwritt

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »

I got to the end of the line with Jotin but I was able to resolve the problem after hours of tinkering.

With the drive powered down, I attached it directly to my laptop then powered up. It generated it's own 'default' IP address (169.XXX.....) and I was able to locate it through the Navigator. I then clicked through to the 'Open with Browser' button and was able to get to the interface.

I worked through all of the links there and finally got to one of the tabs/buttons that allowed me to power the drive down through the interface.

Once it was powered down I disconnected the drive from my laptop, reconnected to the network, and powered up. The drive obtained a correct IP address on the network and had to be re-mapped to each computer accessing it.

A rather inconvenient situation to work through as I'm not sure why the drive would not obtain an IP address from the router since it is the DHCP server. All of my other devices reconnect with no problem.

I can assure you that I am now in search of a better solution. This drive is slow, seems to run constantly and make a terrible amount of writing noise, and the interface is not real easy to use.

I am looking for a media server/drive that is easy to navigate and stream video/pictures QUICKLY to my computers and TV's. After all, my wife and children want to access the media as well and if they have to deal with these issues, they would not be able to work through it. Technology shouldn't be this hard.

Oh, wait. That's why I'm converting to APPLE. Everything we have with that name on it WORKS. It's that simple. PC-related devices should be thown in the trash - too many geek types have their weird ideas on how to do things and forget that 98% of the world wants something easy to use and work when you press the button. What a concept.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »

bwritt wrote:

Oh, wait. That's why I'm converting to APPLE. Everything we have with that name on it WORKS. It's that simple.

Is that ment to be a joke? Either way i'm laughing! loooooooooooooooooool

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!