Author Topic: Linkstation Duo - BitTorrent  (Read 2103 times)

Evernote

• Calf
Linkstation Duo - BitTorrent
« on: November 28, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »

Hello all,

Very simple question (especially directed towards Buffalo) 

Why, o why isn't the BitTorrent Client on the Linkstation Duo doing what it was designed for? (download?!)

I am getting so tired of this, first the media server and bittorrent client were not working now one problem is fixed and the other got worse.

Do something about this Buffalo!

Evernote.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Duo - BitTorrent
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »

I'm running 1.37 firmware and I just tried a download and my download speed is at 500kbs. Thats basically my max downloading speed for my internet.

Evernote

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »

Hello Jotin,

Any advice on this then?

My BitTorrent had worked for a little while, at best a few hours.

Just to give you an idea of my Network, I have a Netgear wnr2000v2 router connected to a Motoralo modem which on a 60mbit down, 6mbit up line.

My Linkstation Duo is connected to my Netgear Router via a CAT6 cable and my router has UPnP enabled (which always worked for my Linkstation Live)

I'm using a random port number for my BitTorrent and that I have tested using www.canyouseeme.org and the regular uTorrent Client (inbuilt port checker) and the port is open.

I have performed a test using the latest uTorrent Client for Windows and the latest firmware/BitTorrent on the NAS where I loaded up the same torrent on both clients.

My NAS gets a maximum speed of anything between 0.1 kb/s and 8 kb/s and does not increase over time (as more peers/seeds connect)

My Windows machine however goes top speed within 30 seconds going around 4mb/s (or 4096kb/s) and stays around that speed.

I've seen my NAS reach these kind of speeds straight after my firmware update but they didn't last.

I have tried resetting all my settings (restoring the factory defaults) and reinitializing the BitTorrent settings, this however does not solve the issue.

At the moment I've actually just turned off my NAS :(

Thanks in advance,

Evernote.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »

So when you say you reset all your settings are you saying you did the function button reset or you went into the firmware and went to system and then restore/erase? 

Evernote

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »

Hello Jotin,

I've done it via the firmware, went to system and did restore/erase.

Evernote

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »

Bump as I want this fixed..

Evernote

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Bump

Piroman

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »

I have had a similar problem only I had 0 seeds all the time...

I have found a stupid fault made by me!

When I have changed the IP address from automatic to fix, I have forgoten to type in the

Primary DNS Server:and Secondary DNS Server:, which you have to type in order for bitorrent client.
Hope this saves somebodies troubles...

?